The Legends of UFC 1: Fighters of the Roundtable

Nah I think he asked because he wanted to watch the LOP episode you mentioned to me

7 Likes

ken finally found out it wasnt a gi choke that got him

do u gi guys feel like your rnc is tighter in a gi?

3 Likes

Rnc much harder to defend. Causes panic. Much stronger squeeze, easier to chain, switch to a crank etc. You see who the real fighters are when someone sinks rnc in and they keep fighting until they are out ot going out.

The cross collar in gi is the only choke that can put dudes out so fast, as least for me. The arm triangle is slower but great for cranks, the guillotine is slower, triangle slower.

Lapel and Gi chokes are pretty quick once you have them you can put someone out pretty fast, but the setup takes longer because the opponent can defend much more easily. The rnc is very limited in what you can do to defend.

I havent rolled much gi. I have done all the gi chokes and throws and grips but only a handful of times each. I dont like gi. Its a traditional martial art and the safest martial art sport for a number of reasons.

No gi is better at preparing people for self defense. You learn to reach for bones not shirt sleeves.

3 Likes

I just read that post and I thought you asked if rnc or gi choke was tighter. Mea culpa.

1 Like

I’ve seen UFC 1 and it’s highlights hundreds of times. I would’ve bet money it was a gi choke.

I would’ve been wrong.

Awesome

Been a long day.

Yeah,that’s Art.

1 Like

Love it! Thank you.

Great vid! You can tell these guys are just wired differently. Massive balls to do what they did.

2 Likes

In. This is great

watched lastnight :+1:

In.

Just came across this now on the YouTube feed.

Checked back for a thread.

This is going to be awesome.

I got to say it’s a big bummer knowing Kevin Rosier and Pat Smith will not be at the roundtable. That said this is going to be cool.

2 Likes

Gerard nearly 70 and would still fuck many men up.

5 Likes

He looks great for 68

4 Likes

the ufc has a good production crew, when the nba or mlb do these shows it looks half assed.

1 Like

enjoyed it

2 Likes

I still need to watch dammit.

2 Likes

Hearing more from these guys was great.

I especially enjoyed Zane giving us a bit of a breakdown of his Karate/Kickboxing background.

Those ole school Karateka are so tough.

This was why personally I was pretty bummed out Kevin Rosier and Pat Smith were not here.

Would have been great to hear Rosier talk about his time in Toronto with The Twin Dragons fight team. Or his time in Japan as the WKA SuperHeavyweight champion, a title he defended twice.

Or Pat Smith and his two Sabaki Challange tournament wins, his time in K1 and the Hug fights.