The More MMA I Watch...

The more I favor the ring over the cage.

Blah, blah, blah

cage should be on fire imo

cage is better

The more I watch MMA, the more I think "Holy shit! These guys are actually hitting each other!"

I hated the cage forever, and recently I've come to prefer it. Just sick of seeing fighters being broken up and crawling to the center.

Yeah?

My resolve only hardens each time for the cage as the best venue.

I've always been dead set in thinking the ring was preferable to the cage, particularly for grapplers. My feeling at this point is that it's only preferable for guys that are primarily guard players and even in that case it may be preferable as often as I'm seeing guys basically flee the ring at the first hint they're getting caught in something. It's certainly more difficult for the grappler to score the takedown in the ring. A guy like Gonzaga has a markedly better chance to beat a fighter like Cro Cop due solely to the advantages the cage offers him.

the cage is much better

"I hated the cage forever, and recently I've come to prefer it. Just sick of seeing fighters being broken up and crawling to the center."

I'm the same way. To use a recent example, Aoki's triangle got broken up when the ref pulled him and Kikuchi toward the center. That shit wouldn't happen in a cage.

I used to prefer the ring, but not anymore. Now the refs need to get the fucking fighters' hands OFF THE GOD DAMN FENCE.

^ So true. Or at least change the rules, do freakin something.

Cage

Cage definitely, for the reasons listed above, and definitely they need to
do something about the fence grabbing, but Bodog has given me a whole
new outlook on rope hugging.

A really big cage is best.