The more negative press Trump gets....

His "base" is around 33% of the voting public who is ride-or-die no matter what.

One of the strategic blunders the campaign is making is focusing so hard on keeping their existing supporters enthusiastic.

The debates are not meant to amp up your existing base. They are supposed to swing moderates and independents, who by the way make up a larger share of American voters than either D or R.

In that respect, Trump is faltering. His debate performance is hailed by his fans, but the average American found it pathetic.

2 Likes
gregbrady -
madmartigan -

Yeah he should keep up that dumb shit he was doing at the debate.

The Democrats got 60,000 new donors during it.

60,000 new ones.

You think he's firing up the base, and he probably is.

But he's also firing up his opposition.

whats the source for this?

is it credible?

Here you go 

![](upload://pJGoDf7EQ7mlCat3sxskpicsa6b.jpeg)

So keep it rolling, fatboy, keep it rolling. 

mdmrules -
Crazy Larry - 
In Limbo -

My wife doesnt pay attn to politics, but is a "Dem" voter, cannot stand Trump, all her friends are progressives, etc.

When i made her pay attn to the debate she mentioned "everything Biden says is simple emotion based headlines about how bad trump is.  All he kept saying was "Trump is bad for America", without giving any substantive reasons

She also noted how every question the moderator asked trump seemed accusatory and loaded with false premises (what is wrong with critical race theory, whote sypremacist groups lile Proud Boys)

"Trump is bad because we are 7 months into a pandemic with 200,000 dead Americans and rising and he still has no.plan" and "Trump is bad because 4 years in he has still not come up with a healthcare plan to replace ACA" and "Trump is bad because he lies to the American people all day every day about everything" are not emotion-based, though. 

As if any of the infomercial testimonials these guys give about how they red-pilled all of their friends and family to into also being Trumptards are even close to being real.

Whatever makes you feel better

I voted obama twice and am voting trump a second time

Just bc YOU dont want to believe that people "walk away" , doesnt mean it is not true

It happens , and many of us current trump voters voted obama

3 Likes
BigRyana - 
BigEyedFish - 
Sogsteel - 

Who the fuck would vote for anybody that plans to court pack and ditch the filibuster?

Something like 80% of Americans oppose it, which is why Biden wont openly state what his obvious intent is, and dick tucked on the topic in incredible fashion.

TDS

Anyone with common sense who was watching the debates when Biden REFUSED to answer if he will pack the court (spoiler, he will) immediately decided not to vote for him. You don’t hint at perverting our fundamental SC because it suits your political party at the time. It has been at 9 justices for around 150 years and worked well.

My concern is that today’s youth are so focused on twitter and instagram and wrapped up in being brainwashed by the media and big tech, they have roughly zero critical thinking skills left. All they know is “orange man bad!” like their tech overlords have told them, so destroying the foundations of our country mean very little to them.

What this “packing the court” talking point you guys are all so obsessed with as some bad thing the democrats did? This is making you look like fools.

Trump even bragged about all the vacancies Obama left behind like Obama must have been too dumb to do it, or the act of naming someone from a list he was provided is some accomplishment… but neither you or Trump seem to have the first clue what you are even talking about, and clearly don’t understand how the system used to work, or how it changed and why.

Why not do 30 seconds of research before repeating delusional BS?

Senate Republicans are the ones court-packing right now, and they were the reason there were so many vacancies for Trump in the first place. Those are the facts. It’s not a judgment one way or another, that’s just what actually happened.

“According to the Congressional Research Service, only 28.6 percent of Obama’s judicial nominees were confirmed during the last two years of his presidency, the lowest percentage of confirmations from 1977 to 2018, the years the report covered. The next lowest percentage was during Trump’s first two years, at 53.5 percent.”

What some democrats are suggesting, and what Biden doesn’t want to comment on right now, is to EXPAND the Supreme Court, but for some reason (ignorance and stupidity?) you guys and Trump get it all confused every time it comes up. It’s like you don’t even know what the issues are, just the dozen or so talking points from Fox Entertainment’s evening lineup.

I remember the clinton campaign rolling in lots of money and high tech wizadry, while media was sort of making fun of the grass roots door knocking methods of trump's team.  Always on about how much more money and resources Hillarys campaign had been spending....

I'll be honest, I had thoughts of maybe voting for biden after watching ghay debate. It was pretty embarrassing watching a grown man act like a child who didnt get his way. These are supposed to be the leaders of the country. Pretty demoralizing as an american on both sides, but trump was way way way over the top. 

In Limbo -

I remember the clinton campaign rolling in lots of money and high tech wizadry, while media was sort of making fun of the grass roots door knocking methods of trump's team.  Always on about how much more money and resources Hillarys campaign had been spending....

Yea. Good point. Unfortunately for Trump and his supporters, this is tons of new donors. That's grassroots support. Not just a dollar amount.

Zned -

The more negative press Trump gets the more galvanized his base becomes.

The debate served well for that.

But he needs to grow his voter base to win. It's not about cementing your fans, it's about winning over moderates, undecideds, and ideally democrat voters 

mdmrules -
BigRyana - 
BigEyedFish - 
Sogsteel - 

Who the fuck would vote for anybody that plans to court pack and ditch the filibuster?

Something like 80% of Americans oppose it, which is why Biden wont openly state what his obvious intent is, and dick tucked on the topic in incredible fashion.

TDS

Anyone with common sense who was watching the debates when Biden REFUSED to answer if he will pack the court (spoiler, he will) immediately decided not to vote for him. You don’t hint at perverting our fundamental SC because it suits your political party at the time. It has been at 9 justices for around 150 years and worked well.

My concern is that today’s youth are so focused on twitter and instagram and wrapped up in being brainwashed by the media and big tech, they have roughly zero critical thinking skills left. All they know is “orange man bad!” like their tech overlords have told them, so destroying the foundations of our country mean very little to them.

What this “packing the court” talking point you guys are all so obsessed with as some bad thing the democrats did? This is making you look like fools.

Trump even bragged about all the vacancies Obama left behind like Obama must have been too dumb to do it, or the act of naming someone from a list he was provided is some accomplishment… but neither you or Trump seem to have the first clue what you are even talking about, and clearly don’t understand how the system used to work, or how it changed and why.

Senate Republicans are the ones court-packing right now, and they were the reason there were so many vacancies for Trump in the first place. Those are the facts. It’s not a judgment one way or another, that’s just what actually happened.

“According to the Congressional Research Service, only 28.6 percent of Obama’s judicial nominees were confirmed during the last two years of his presidency, the lowest percentage of confirmations from 1977 to 2018, the years the report covered. The next lowest percentage was during Trump’s first two years, at 53.5 percent.”

What some democrats are suggesting, and what Biden doesn’t want to comment on right now, is to EXPAND the Supreme Court, but for some reason (ignorance and stupidity?) you guys and Trump get it all confused every time it comes up. It’s like you don’t even know what the issues are, just the dozen or so talking points from Fox Entertainment’s evening lineup.

Sounds like you should do thd research. Your comments make it clear you dont even understand the premise of court packing. 

"The Judicial Procedures Reform Bill of 1937,[1] frequently called the "court-packing plan",[2] was a legislative initiative proposed by U.S. President Franklin D. Roosevelt to add more justices to the U.S. Supreme Court"

Maybe you should keep your cunt mouth shut on topics out of your league 

2 Likes
sicko -
Zned -

But he needs to grow his voter base to win. It's not about cementing your fans, it's about winning over moderates, undecideds, and ideally democrat voters 

Is he likely to win new voters? Isn't it more about turnout now? 

Even if Biden "won" the debate I think it could have actually helped Trump. Trump voters are much more enthusiastic and therefore more likely to vote. When people who aren't Trump's base see Biden up there name calling and acting like an idiot, they probably still won't vote for Trump but are more likely to stay home and not vote, which helps Trump. 

MrSmokalotapotamus - 

![](upload://8aZfZuKIRHLRmUjtRFhKTxEJgvH.jpeg)

It’s hilarious that people think Chris was helping Biden, rather than seeing Trump was far more often out of line and for longer periods of time which required Chris to go after him more.

1 Like
Darup -

Even if Biden "won" the debate I think it could have actually helped Trump. Trump voters are much more enthusiastic and therefore more likely to vote. When people who aren't Trump's base see Biden up there name calling and acting like an idiot, they probably still won't vote for Trump but are more likely to stay home and not vote, which helps Trump. 

I got news for you. That debate performance. Where he threw doing at the idea that he's going to respect the results, has not deterred his opposition in the slightest. To the contrary

In Limbo -

My wife doesnt pay attn to politics, but is a "Dem" voter, cannot stand Trump, all her friends are progressives, etc.

When i made her pay attn to the debate she mentioned "everything Biden says is simple emotion based headlines about how bad trump is.  All he kept saying was "Trump is bad for America", without giving any substantive reasons

She also noted how every question the moderator asked trump seemed accusatory and loaded with false premises (what is wrong with critical race theory, whote sypremacist groups lile Proud Boys)

Wallace was quite a disappointment. 

mdmrules -
BigRyana - 
BigEyedFish - 
Sogsteel - 

TDS

dummy

Rakoshi -

I am a Trump guy. If the unspeakable happens and Biden wins ... I could probably do OK with four years of Biden. But, we all know we would really get four years (if he lasts that long) of AOC, Omar, Tlaib, Harris, Pelosi and worst of all, Soros. One last point, I am a very peaceful old man but would pay quite a lot of money to slap the shit out of Adam Schiff. 

If we get to the point where AOC, Omar, Tlaib and others like them are running the show and have a stranglehold on the federal government, I'm tapping out. I'll either support a secession movement or leave.

Zned -

If you think just "his base" is enough to win then you don't understand the presidential race.