The most courageous effort EVER in clear defeat!

manzuri -
Guida4President -

Joe Lauzons last ditch efforts for subs against miller stands out in my mind most recently.

This Phone Post

That Phone Post

Garcia vs Huerta.

Garcia in as a late replacement, in a higher weight division than his natural one, against what at the time was a much more skilled opponent. Garcia grinning like the Cheshire Cat as Huerta beat the living crap out of him, all the while firing back with wild haymakers and reckless abandon.

Great fight.

ausgepicht - 
Lazer MMA -
UG what say you? What was the most courageous effort EVER given in an MMA fight in defeat when the the outcome ultimately could not be disputed rationally using sound logic (via decision or KO or sub).

I'm voting for Hendo in the Nog 2 fight.

Outweighed again by about 40 LBs as he had been in Rings several times (when he won the Rings King of Kings open weight tourney) Hendo was in razor close 1st round with big Nog. He tagged Nog a few times and escaped several sub attempts while having a fair amount of time in top position in that round as well. Nog won round two clearly but he could not put Hendo away with a sub. He was so close but Hendo fought threw them. The PRIDe HW champion showed clear relief after the fight being bent over with his head down and punching the canvas.

Wasn't it against Fedor that he was pounding the canvas? Phone Post

He may have and in fact I think he did it in that fight too. Rest assured the data I supplied is correct, save the possibility that he pounded the canvas with his hanss open in the Hendo fight sir. It had been a long while, LOl.

it's gotta be Enson. and Fabio Maldonado vs. Glover.

Hominick against Aldo. Phone Post

I think Nelson vs JDS deserves a mention Phone Post

UGCTT_Blake - 
eXtv - Sakuraba vs Arona

. Phone Post

Way up there

eXtv - Enson Inoue in his fight against Igor.

This one too!

Mike Russell - Hominick against Aldo. Phone Post

Good one. Nobody seems to remember the first 4 rounds for some reason. Phone Post

Bob Sapp vs Nog

eXtv - Enson Inoue in his fight against Igor.

It was an epic beating with huge courage shown; however, Enson just could not continue (after the 1st). A fight like Saku x Arona just stands out more for some reason, maybe only because of his prior fight that night (even though he too did not finish the fight), or maybe because it finished as a draw before his corner refused to continue. I guess a maybe on this one IMO.

Sakuraba belongs on the list again just for simply stepping into the ring and trying against Igor after fighting for 90 minutes earlier that night. Phone Post

11Auburn11 - 

I think Nelson vs JDS deserves a mention Phone Post

As does Carwin vs. JDS

Daijiro Matsui vs Wandy

OnlyTheStrongSurvive - 

Sakuraba belongs on the list again just for simply stepping into the ring and trying against Igor after fighting for 90 minutes earlier that night. Phone Post

LOL, Yep I referenced that fact in my post as well but for the wrong fight haha. It was Igor of course, and I agree. To me though the Arona fight is higher on the list. Frankly I thought (as I recall) saku could have won X Igor in regulation OTSS (10 kilo)!

BTW that's another reason I hate that Coleman's win in the grand prix was (is) belittled by fans. While it is true that Kerr hurt Fujita and he could not fight Coleman, Igor fought a much smaller saku who had gone 45 minutes prior!

Shit happens! It's a damn tournament, you can't negate the greatness of Coleman's accomplishment in that event!

Sak/Igor can't really be listed because Sak was winning that fight IMO.

I remember Babalu beating the shit out of Elvis for 3 rounds to a decision and Elvis hung in there tough as hell. Maybe my memory is foggy though, that fight was in the UFC 30's I believe.

Igor/Enson was nuts though, that was one fight were a guy could have died from complications afterwards.

Guida4President -

Joe Lauzons last ditch efforts for subs against miller stands out in my mind most recently.

Yup. Kinda make you question the hearts of all of those other men that let the fight slip away to a decision without making that last ditch attempt to make something happen. Phone Post

This was the jap cans life purpose. The whole reason they had matches where you knew dude would get smashed. They just put it together to see how hard. That was what they got off on.

Putting a totally outmatched can vs. igor. or wand. or fedor. or cro cop. or big daddy

Some put on literally death defying performances. That dude that was Cro Cops fight after getting ktfo by Randleman. That jap went the distance and the crowd cheered his performance. That fool got smashed. Bad.

Any of Shoji's losses.

Come to think of it Rhys91, Penn also took a LOT of punishment in the Diaz & Rory fights too! No question he was very courageous in all three IMO.