The most underrated fighter in the 2000s

For me it’s Gegard Mousasi. He’s easy top 10 pfp right now and if he fought Usman I’d bet easy money on him . About as well rounded as I’ve seen in a long time and a gas tank and chin to boot . Don’t @ me . Coulda easily held 170 and 185 belts in the ufc.

4 Likes

Hulk Hogan Handshake GIF

Let me rephrase that . He’d kill Izzy and quite possibly knock him out on the feet . He might not make 170 today but if he could I’m putting my money on him . Longevity ,

2 Likes

Carlos Newton

Lol the fact he doesn’t even make the list is a joke . Sak is a legend and if it wasn’t for juiced up wand shoulda been middleweight champ . They fed him to the sharks . Go fight wand 3 times and cro cop in their prime . I miss pride .

1 Like

Pele landis

1 Like

2 Likes

Carlos just had to stay awake. He had Hughes sleeping . Anderson flying knee tho . Newton was a wizard on the ground tho .

2 Likes

Lee coulda been great . Maybe not a tougher guy on the street pfp . Just couldn’t stay outta the bin

2 Likes

This is why the UG sucks. You start off with a legit point but cant resist going overboard quick. Izzy is arguably the best striker we’ve seen in mma so far. He would dominate Moussasi. Moussasi was good but don’t get so excited.

Hughes smashed Newton on the ground in the rematch if you recall. Yes he was good on the ground but Hughes proved he was the better man.

1 Like

Ok let’s say Izzy is better on the feet . He has nothing for mousasi on the floor and make no mistake gegard Would get the takedown . He would sub him in a heartbeat . Izzys shot in that fight is by ko or tko and I can’t see it . Mousasi gets beat by wrestlers who lay on him or guys with 1 shot ko power . Izzy has neither . I just think it would be a bad matchup for him

Lol now I know you’re trolling . Cmon I know you’re an og and have been around forever . Aoki was fun but had no standup to speak of and the pants would never be allowed outside of Japan

Mousasi coulda been top 10 pfp all time . He’s that good . Won’t ever been in the convo tho cause he got caught between when pride was done and didn’t stay in the ufc long enough . 50 plus pro fights . I haven’t seen a better pure boxer in mma at any weight class yet . Let me know if U do .

Bustamante

1 Like

I respect that answer . As well rounded as you could get back in the day . Unfortunately prob one of the few who wasn’t juiced to the gills .

One of my fave Fighters… DJ Steve Shinya Aoki

1 Like