The Mountain Vs Eddie Hall

http://www.cbssports.com/boxing/news/the-mountain-thor-bjornsson-set-to-make-debut-in-boxing-vs-former-worlds-strongest-man-in-2021/

How good cardio would it be possible for these guys to get?

Would they last a couple of rounds? 

I know Eddie has in the past (or always has?) Trained some boxing, does the Mountain train at all?

If somehow Thor knew how to use his size I imagine he'd win but I doubt that he does effectively so I guess like aforementioned cardio is going to win this match up. 

Eddie should have MUCH better cardio, he's about 100lbs lighter at this point.

The date I saw was is set a little over a year away so I’m sure each will lean down moving into it. The only video I’ve seen on each wasn’t very good. Thor stayed long and straight with punches which is good, but he had terrible footwork. If he cleans up the footwork and learns to pop a jab he can probably do very well. Eddie seemed better balance and footwork wise but he didn’t punch much in the video I saw.

I once saw the mountain cleave a guy in half. Easy pickings right

1 Like

Eddie Hall is from Stoke on Trent, been in a ton of brawls and can clearly handle himself. He is nowhere near the size he was at his peak but he was always very mobile and faster than others.

This is just a stupid idea to be honest, Thor would get his head knocked off his shoulders and then what?

Taco Muncher - 

This was a no win situation for Thor.  His only way to win a fight against CM would be to grab him and smash him.  You can't do that in a friendly sparring session.  So he plays a game he has no tools to play and it looks bad for him.  No way I would agree to do this with CM if it was filmed.

Samoa -
Taco Muncher - 

This was a no win situation for Thor.  His only way to win a fight against CM would be to grab him and smash him.  You can't do that in a friendly sparring session.  So he plays a game he has no tools to play and it looks bad for him.  No way I would agree to do this with CM if it was filmed.

Agreed. The Mountain was fully capable of picking up Conor and snapping him like a twig. But he didn't. 

1 Like

Samoa -
Taco Muncher - 

Who would you pick in a nhb fight in that open matt arena?  In a cage the Mountain has a shot at getting a Bob Sapp bull rush into the cage but in that open matt I dont think he scores a clinch

Another question for Samoa,

In your prime could you beat the mountain in a boxing match?

Taco Muncher -
Samoa -
Taco Muncher - 

Agreed. The Mountain was fully capable of picking up Conor and snapping him like a twig. But he didn't. 

Nobody on earth can do that to another human. The strength variance just isn't that wide 

screw boxing, make it MMA

livelaughlove -

screw boxing, make it MMA

Yep. Boxing fucking sucks 

Tim Duncan -
Samoa -
Taco Muncher - 

Who would you pick in a nhb fight in that open matt arena?  In a cage the Mountain has a shot at getting a Bob Sapp bull rush into the cage but in that open matt I dont think he scores a clinch

I still think a fight between the two in that same arena if the Mountain was given a gameplan he could win. My point is that he has no way to play the game that we see on video. 

Tim Duncan -

Another question for Samoa,

In your prime could you beat the mountain in a boxing match?

Hell no. Nope 

Eddie is still walking around at 370-80 these days so he's hardly light. That being said, he was a former national champion Swimmer during his teen years so his anaerobic fitness should be there, he has trained boxing a lot in the last few years for basic fitness and he was also own a company that supplied bouncers to clubs (he was the cooler) so he's definitely hard.  

ABCTT_HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe -

Eddie should have MUCH better cardio, he's about 100lbs lighter at this point.

He's still 380 to be fair but I would say he'll get down to 350 for the fight. Thor will have to lose some weight as well as he's fucking enormous now.

1 Like