The Movie Tombstone

How accurate did the filmmakers try to make it?  Was it largely fiction or pretty close to the real history?

it was a documentary

Wyatt Earp was bisexual and really died from AIDs due to unprotected gay sex

Ayatolla of Rock and Rolla - Wyatt Earp was bisexual and really died from AIDs due to unprotected gay sex
"Your no daisy at all!" Phone Post 3.0

You're***. Fucking hell Phone Post 3.0

2 Likes

That movie was awesome. We all agree on that correct? Val Kilmer fucking killed that part. Phone Post 3.0

Jesús X - I liked tombstone and "wyatt earp"

I hated Wyatt Earp. I thought it was hokey and all over the place. Kurt nailed the role and he basically ghost directed it.

Phone Post 3.0

ttt

Fred White didn't die that night Curly Bill shot him, He actually testified that it was accidental and died two days later.

Curly bill was a homo Phone Post 3.0

Big Nose Kate recollected later that Doc Holiday came back to his room, sat down and cried from the shock/emotion of the battle.

As the Earps strode to the lot, cityfolk overheard Wyatt say, "give it to them"

There was some controversy if the Clantons were shot while surrendering, although forensic evidence of the day cleared the Earps of that. The town was pretty split on who was to blame, many favoured the cowboys.

All witnesses generally agreed that two shots were fired first, almost indistinguishable from each other. General firing immediately broke out.

Docs' last words were indeed "this is funny"

1 Like

any documentary's out on the accurate history of the shootout?

PTM2020 - 

The wiki page is well worth a read if you want some more info.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gunfight_at_the_O.K._Corral

PTM2020 - 

i watched this on netflix. wyatt was an interesting guy.like alot of old west lawmen he was basicly a criminal when he was younger. 

Yeah Ive watched both, good docs.

Too be honest though, Ive seen so many contradictions, I just make up my own mind.

Same goes with the stories of the Alamo.

Tombstone is arguably the best western ever. And its 100% historically accurate, down to the dialogue between ringo and doc Phone Post 3.0

Thanks Jack!

Thanks GenErick!

Thanks Dan!