The new Koral and Atama belts suck

The new Koral and Atama belts really suck ass and feel cheap as shit. I have my Koral blue belt and Atama purple belt and they were great. Why did they change them?? GARBAGE.

Sorry had to vent. Phone Post

It's all about the Kataaro and Eosin Panter :)

Looking at HCK

They have weird sizes though. I wear an A2 Koral and Atama. What size is that in HCK? Phone Post

Friend just got a brand new Atama black belt: garbage!

I have an Eosin on the way:)

Art Corvelay - What color are the threads on the new Korals--belt color or white?

Are they both thin karate style? 1.75"? I am interested in this thread, and more detailed complaints are appreciated.

The threads are belt color, and yes they are extremely thin. Phone Post

I got a HCK, it sucked. Thin as a karate belt and the sizing is weird. I've also tried Ouano, Fuji and OTM and they were all thin and cheap. If anyone knows where you can get a belt like they used to make them, let me know. My blue (Koral) and purple (Ouano) were awesome, but now they don't make them the same.

I think the M-kimono belts are fairly stout. Maybe CJJScout will chime in here as I'm certain he uses those. Phone Post

Keiko Raca are pretty good. Thick quality belt. I wear a Tatami belt as that's what my instructors awarded me but if I had to replace it, deffo keiko Phone Post

I've got a new Koral belt (a gift) and it feels exactly the same as my new Vulkan which I wear, and the same as my old purple that came out of the same factory (no label on it, but it's the same colour/construction as the Koral/Vulkan belts).

Koral do sometimes make up kit using offcuts - I've got a classic gi made that way (has seams on both the inside AND outside of the sleeves), maybe your Koral belt is one of those?

I'm loving the Vulkan, really nice and solid feeling. Not convinced by the Keiko belts, the sleeve part is HUGE on them, plus the quality is hit and miss - I've seen some that look indestructible, and others that are falling apart when brand new.

James

i had a fuji and i dont like it. Gamenees hooked me up with one and i love it! It is so think and stiff it took a few months to break it in so it would stay tied.

Sir Taps - I've got a new Koral belt (a gift) and it feels exactly the same as my new Vulkan which I wear, and the same as my old purple that came out of the same factory (no label on it, but it's the same colour/construction as the Koral/Vulkan belts).

Koral do sometimes make up kit using offcuts - I've got a classic gi made that way (has seams on both the inside AND outside of the sleeves), maybe your Koral belt is one of those?

I'm loving the Vulkan, really nice and solid feeling. Not convinced by the Keiko belts, the sleeve part is HUGE on them, plus the quality is hit and miss - I've seen some that look indestructible, and others that are falling apart when brand new.

James

My keikos stitching is all fucke up and my belt is ripping in half , i dont wanna get a new one , lmao . Alot of people say mizzuno makes the best belt Phone Post

Moya Brand's belts are legit. I find them similar to the circa 2005 Ouano belts. Those belts stood up to the test of time, in fact, my Ouano white belt is still in rotation at the gym for new guys to use. Moya's break in easy, are durable and stay tied. What more could you want?

When I got my black belt this year in September I was given an Atama belt. My purple and brown belts were both Atama, but this black belt is nothing like the quality. It feels cheap and thin. I actually got my instructors to sign it with a paint pen and put it up to keep. I broke out my old Dragon brand black belt I got many years ago in karate and wear that instead.

I contacted Atama about this and they said they will never make the old style belts again.

GARBAGE!!! Phone Post

I like the Gameness belts.

For you guys saying the belt comes undone to easily, are you tying it the correct way?

For people complaining about the OTM belt, are you wearing the standard or the light? Because the standard OTM belt is fairly substantial.

My purple belt from lucky is just as thick as my old school Atama! Phone Post

All my belts have been MKimonos. Lu is great and always sends a personalized note with my order. Good quality and great service.

>difference between gameness and fuji(thin)<br />blue help please! thanks

[IMG]http://i39.tinypic.com/2ztg4js.jpg[/IMG]