The new Red Wings arena will transform this crappy

grizz632 -
Mark1 -
grizz632 - If there is one thing people don't do it's underestimate how fucked up Detroit is. I hope this arena helps though, I'd love to go see road games in Detroit with fearing for my life Phone Post 3.0
You are a giant vagina.

Mark Phone Post 3.0
Thank you sir

Giant Vagina Phone Post 3.0
LOL well done, Giant Vagina Phone Post 3.0

LiveWire - How many people still live in Detroit proper? Phone Post 3.0
Judging from the pictures, just Passive Jay Phone Post 3.0

At least you guys have Zetterberg. I love that muthafucka!

grizz632 - If there is one thing people don't do it's underestimate how fucked up Detroit is. I hope this arena helps though, I'd love to go see road games in Detroit with fearing for my life Phone Post 3.0
I'll meet you there for Raw a'ight. Phone Post 3.0

Lamont(medium and large) -
Suddenly I feel safe Phone Post 3.0

Mark1 -
PatK -

When will it be completed?

When the Blackhawks/Bulls built the United Center, two years later it hosted the DNC for the '96 election. Completely revitalized that part of the city.

2017 season

They are having the 2018 Final Four there too

Mark Phone Post 3.0
They are not hosting the final four there. They are hosting the 1st and 2nd rounds of the tournament.

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/college/2014/11/17/ncaa-basketball-tournament-sites/19174057/ Phone Post 3.0

thekindone4 -
Mark1 -
PatK -

When the Blackhawks/Bulls built the United Center, two years later it hosted the DNC for the '96 election. Completely revitalized that part of the city.

2017 season

Mark Phone Post 3.0
They are not hosting the final four there. They are hosting the 1st and 2nd rounds of the tournament.

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/college/2014/11/17/ncaa-basketball-tournament-sites/19174057/ Phone Post 3.0
Correct. I just saw the headline on my phone.

Mark Phone Post 3.0

Mark1 - 
thekindone4 -
Mark1 -
PatK -

2017 season

Mark Phone Post 3.0

Correct. I just saw the headline on my phone.

Mark Phone Post 3.0

Rumor has it the Final Four is going to be in Toronto that year.

Lamont(medium and large) -
You're always safe in the downtown area. Walking around neighborhoods at night is another story. Phone Post 3.0

LiveWire - How many people still live in Detroit proper? Phone Post 3.0

about 700k in a city that at one point had 2 million.

tokksic - Isn't Cass Corridor full of hookers and junkies? Source, Behind the Paint by Violent J. He told a story about a hotel there.

Or are junkies/hookers all of Detroit? Phone Post 3.0

It was yes. I haved not seen the documentry but I assume he was refering to Temple Hotel, they tore it down last year.

the_shrike - I'm guessing the land was cheap and didn't require Ilitch to beg for a tax increase to help fund it? Phone Post 3.0

i am not sure on the funding for it but I know he spent 15 years buying up property so I am guessing he got most of it pretty cheap.

The area better be rejuvenated or the fans will be mugged, raped and killed on their way to the games. Even the players will need armed bodyguards. I mean, Hockey players are tough, even more so with sticks, but a gun is a gun.