The new Season!

Congrats to all those teams made it, sorry to those who didn't, the great thing about the NFL is one year you can be 7-9 and the next be a playoff favorite.

Back to 0-0. Mark my words the team that plays the best defense and runs the ball the best in the playoffs will win the Super Bowl. I think that could be Denver. Hopefully. Can't wait until next Saturday to get this party started.

"Mark my words the team that plays the best defense and runs the ball the best in the playoffs will win the Super Bowl."

That's pretty much every team in the AFC except maybe the Colts. As for the NFC, the only team that I think comes close is the Falcons, maybe the Rams when they actually run the football.

Despite what I said in the other post, I like the Broncos chances against the Colts if Champ Bailey and John Lynch play awesome and if they actually run the ball. However, I don't see them getting past the Steelers unless Plummer plays perfect.

All in all, I see a Patriots vs. Falcons Super Bowl this year with the Patriots winning a close one. I would explain myself, but it's 4:30 in the morning and I'm too damn tired.

Yes, but whichever AFC team that plays the best D and runs the ball will win it all. LOL at the Super Bowl being close. No team in the NFC can move the ball or stop the run of any playoff team in the AFC.

Tapped Out, nice prediction. That could happen if Shanahan puts the ball in Plummers hands over 30 times. Howver if we run the ball 40 times against them we will win. Remember in week 15 last year we held them to 28 plays and dominated them. Anything can happen. Depends who shows up and who doesn't.

"No team in the NFC can move the ball or stop the run of any playoff team in the AFC. "

-

too damn true

Atlanta leads the league in rushing yards per game and rushing average. Seems like they can move the ball just fine. Stopping the run would be more of a challenge for them, IMO.

Atlanta's good rushing stats are partly because of Vick.

But I do think they can run it well. I like the Dunn/Duckett combination, plus Alex Gibbs coaches their line, so they know how to block.

Cousin Eddie, you honestly think they have the running game of Pit, NE, Denver, Jets, Colts, or Chargers? No way. They are good because Gibbs went there and showed them how to run the ball, but they do not have the type of back necessary to be successful in the system. Warrick Dunn is a little to small.

if Denver uses all their good rb's and can run the ball controlling the clock keeping manning off the field they will win the game. plummer shouldnt throw more than 15 times in this game, they have the offensive line and solid rbs to control the game. they are even in the position where they can switch between 3 rbs and keep everyone fresh throughout the game

I would love to see Denver beat Indy, but I cannot see this happening.

Tommie Franchise has Indy stomped the correct.It all depends on Shanahans play calling. If ew run the ball and control the clock like we did in week 15 of last year we win, if we throw we lose. Simple.

Give Denver the Steelers playbook and we would have gone undefeated. Simply because we have a better secondary than they do. Pretty equal everywhere else but receiver.

"I think that could be Denver"

LOL, just like last year when the colts blasted the broncos.History will repeat itself.Hopefully this time the Broncos will make sure the colt wr's are down by contact.

Colts 35 Broncos 17

Look at schedules as well.Denver has only 2 wins over a team with a winning record.One came against the Chargers early in the season and the other came against the colts without manning.The Broncos defense is most overrated defense in the NFL.There is no comparison between the Steelers and the Broncos, unless your 303.Steelers win by a long shot.

Yeah. Steelers are a much better team. I hope the Colts beat Denver because I'd rather see them in NE than SD. I think SD would give the Pats a lot more trouble than the Colts.

"Simply because we have a better secondary than they do. Pretty equal everywhere else but receiver."

LOL this is the funniest thing i have ever read on this forum!!!

BWWAHAHAHAHAHA i'm literally in tears at how idiotic this is.

a 15-1 team is equal to a 9-6 team that only got into the playoffs by luck!!!!!! okay maybe not luck but fortunate events! ie. manning, harrison, james not playing!

dude. the secondaries of the steelers and the broncos along with their o-lines are the only units that are even compariable! the steelrs d-line, linebacks, wide recievers, running backs and qb's are so far a head of the broncos its not even funny!

i'll even say the broncos have better tight ends but that's only cause jay rimersma got injured

"Simply because we have a better secondary than they do. Pretty equal everywhere else but receiver."

?????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!WTF?????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ummm, yeah... okayyyyy...

"Tommie Franchise has Indy stomped the correct.It all depends on Shanahans play calling. If ew run the ball and control the clock like we did in week 15 of last year we win, if we throw we lose. Simple."

Sounds simple enough. I think Shanahan should just say on Friday that he plans on runing the ball and not letting Plummer pass much and that way they won't even have to play the game. Just chalk up the victory for Denver.

BTW - When are you getting that head coaching job, 303?

forget coaching i can' imagine his skills in player critiquing going unnoticed anylonger.

his ability to analyze how good the broncos players are compared to the other teams should easily get him a head scout position

"Cousin Eddie, you honestly think they have the running game of Pit, NE, Denver, Jets, Colts, or Chargers?"

Considering they led the league in team rushing yards, and YPC average, I don't think that's some huge stretch. Not nearly as big of a stretch as saying the Broncos and Steelers are equal at every spot other than receiver.

"They are good because Gibbs went there and showed them how to run the ball, but they do not have the type of back necessary to be successful in the system."

The numbers say otherwise, IMO.

Um, Denver RB's are way better than the Steelers. Mike Anderson isn't healthy but if he were we would have three backs that are better than anything you have. Oh and by the way, as I said in another thread, Jake Plummer has broken John Elways record for most passing yards in a season and tied his record for most touchdowns in a season. That is pretty impressive. Our TE's are better, and I think a healthy Trevor Pryce makes are lines at least tied. You have us in WR's and linebackers, it helps to play a 3-4. Though next year when DJ has a year under his belt I think the gap will be much closer.

Hawkeyefan, I guess you only seem to remember Broncos losses, because as I have pointed out before when we played the Colts in week 15 last year when they played all their stars, we made a point to run the ball against them and held them to 28 plays and beat them pretty soundly. All I was saying is we have a good shot of winning if we focus on running the ball. The way you beat Indy is by keeping that offense off the field, which means running the ball.

As far as secondaries go, yes you are right we have played different opponets, but it was said many times prior to the season and even during the season that their secondary was the weakness of the team. I am not saying they are bad, but they are the weakness of their team. Denvers secondary has been banged up all year. Lynch missed a game, and our best corner from last year Lenny Walls (who at 6'4 is the tallest corner in the league and is a great player) has been hurt most of the year. As had Middlebrooks, so basically whenever we have played nickle or dime there we have had to play rookies. I would say a healthy Denver secondary is better than the Steelers.