"The New Soldier" by John Kerry

The book Kerry has tried to suppress, that he wrote in 1971, is available here for free in PDF format:

www.freekerrybook.com

This is the guy that could be our next CinC.

An absolute disgrace.

Cajones, could you post that pic on my "New Soldier" thread on the OG? Thanks.

www.freekerrybook.com

I don't know. He talks about how he believes that the government was wrong to send men and women to die for a bs political war. You didn't judge the book by its cover did you Golden Arm? By asking Cajones to post just a pic of the cover you're expecting other people to.

Grambo, yes I judged it by its fucking cover. It is a disgrace.

Awww, c'mon it was 1971 for chrissakes and by then it was clear the war was a mistake that everybody wanted to get out from under of, but had no idea how. I won't even get into what the current commander-in-chief was up to. The fact is, they're both politicians, not soldiers, sailors, marines, or anything else anymore. If you like what they're talking about, it's your vote, your choice.

"Awww, c'mon it was 1971 for chrissakes"

But early in his campain, Kerry made his service the center.

He should have never made it a big issue, now its coming back on him.

We will not quickly join those who march on Veterans' Day waving small flags, calling to memory those thousands who died for the "greater glory of the United States." We will not accept the rhetoric. We will not readily join the American Legion and the Veterans of Foreign Wars--in fact, we will find it hard to join anything at all and when we do, we will demand relevancy such as other organizations have recently been unable to provide. We will not take solace from the creation of monuments or the naming of parks after a select few of the thousands of dead Americans and Vietnamese. We will not uphold the traditions which decorously memorialize that which was base and grim. . . . We are asking America to turn from false glory, hollow victory, fabricated foreign threats, fear which threatens us as a nation, shallow pride which feeds of fear.

John F. Kerry
Epilogue to The New Soldier

Apr 1971: "I committed the same kinds of atrocities as thousands of others in that I shot in free fire zones, used harassment and interdiction fire, joined in search and destroy missions, and burned villages. All of these acts were established policies from the top down, and the men who ordered this are war criminals." William Fullbright's Senate Foreign Relations Committee

Feb 18, 1970: “I’m an internationalist. “I’d like to see our troops dispersed through the world only at the directive of the United Nations.”

"We were sent to Vietnam to kill communism. But we found instead that we were killing women and children." Epilogue - The New Soldier.

Did Kerry commit those atrocities during his Christmas in Cambodia?

How could anyone vote for that Kerry. The people that are voting for him are voting for him because they hate Bush and there really isn't anyone else. I thnk Bush is doing an awesome job and is what we need right now.

Apr 1971: "I committed the same kinds of atrocities as thousands of others in that I shot in free fire zones, used harassment and interdiction fire, joined in search and destroy missions, and burned villages. All of these acts were established policies from the top down, and the men who ordered this are war criminals." William Fullbright's Senate Foreign Relations Committee

Why are you quoting that, in an effort to discredit Kerry? The man was following orders, and it is acts like that that left him with his anti war stance. How can you judge him so readily unless you've seen and experienced the things he did?

I am actually surprised that soldiers wouldn't be more supportive of Kerry. I read the posts above, and it sure seems to me that Kerry has first hand experience of the atrocities that occur in war. He has first hand experience of the tactics, chains of command, and stressors that occur in combat. For these reasons, he has also said that he would be far more reluctant to commit our troops to harms way. Wouldn't a soldier be more comfortable with that than with someone who has a questionable service record, no combat experience, and doesn't seem to reluctant at all to send soldiers out into fire?

"Why are you quoting that, in an effort to discredit Kerry? The man was following orders, and it is acts like that that left him with his anti war stance."

Since you have not been in the military you didnt know it is ilegal to followorders that are ilegal or immoral.

Thats why the soldiers in the prison will be found guilty, even if they were following orders, if they followed an ilegal order they have commited an ilegal act.

"Also, how is it he made a big show of throwing his medals on the White House lawn during an anti-war march and then those medals mysteriously appear on the wall of his Senate office?"

I believe he threw away the ribbons, at least that's what he said.

"Thats why the soldiers in the prison will be found guilty, even if they were following orders, if they followed an ilegal order they have commited an ilegal act."

haha ok man, yeah that's why they're gonna go to prison. No, they're gonna go to prison because they were stupid enough to take pictures, and it's become a public relations nightmare. I'm sure illegal shit goes on all the time.

"haha ok man, yeah that's why they're gonna go to prison. No, they're gonna go to prison because they were stupid enough to take pictures, and it's become a public relations nightmare. I'm sure illegal shit goes on all the time."

In the US Military if you witness something ilegal, then dont report it. When it is found out you will be part of it because you did nothing about it.

Go troll the OG

"In the US Military if you witness something ilegal, then dont report it. When it is found out you will be part of it because you did nothing about it."

Ok, you're right, John Kerry made up all this shit up. And if it did occur, the higher command had no idea about it. The US military does everything by the book, just as you say.

If he made it up he is guilty of purgery. If he didn't make it up he is guilty of war crimes.

It is either one or the other so you pick which one you want to believe.

Matt