The Next GREAT Hawaiian Fighter

Lowen Tynanes (4-0).

Lowen has BRUTAL ground & pound, high level wrestling, good striking, unstoppable fighting spirit & heart, gifted athleticism, incredible work ethic, a good head on his shoulders, and he is ALWAYS in shape.

Tynanes has already become somewhat of a star in Asia after dominating and brutalizing a man they call "the Pacquiao of MMA" Edward Folayang. He did this as the underdog in Folayang's backyard. Tynanes is used to being outside his comfort zone; he has never competed as a professional in his home state of Hawaii. Instead, he has won bouts in the Philllipines, Malaysia, and Japan. Last month, Lowen won a King of the Cage title in California. Lowen's next fight vs Felipe Enomoto is later this week in Asia's biggest MMA promotion: OneFC "Pride of a Nation" in Manila.

Lowen Tynanes is the next GREAT Hawaiian fighter.

Here is Lowen's fight vs Folayang:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Zioq98NSj0

Here's some recent media on Lowen:

From yahoo! Phillipines:
http://ph.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/thepassionatefan/lowen-tynanes-set-erupt-one-fc-return-warriors-123036474.html

Manila Times:
http://manilatimes.net/index/index.php/sports/top-sports-news/46767-hawaiian-tynanes-aims-to-keep-one-fc-winning-streak

MMAWeekly:
http://www.mmaweekly.com/kotc-champ-lowen-tynanes-hitting-stride-keeping-busy-between-kotc-and-one-fc

MMAJunkie: http://www.mmajunkie.com/news/2013/05/radio-noon-et-carlos-condit-fallon-fox-burt-watson-phil-baroni-tynanes

Here's an interview with Folayang. He's fighting UFC veteran Kamal Shalorus this week in Manila. Folayang doesn't sound too keen on a rematch vs Tynanes:
http://www.thefightnation.com/eduard-folayang-on-lowen-tynanes-wrestling-kamal-shalorus-and-a-future-title-shot/

Later Phone Post

" and he is ALWAYS in shape."

Wow, BJ has given Hawaiian fighter's a bad rep when this has to be said.

Max Halloway imo. Only 21 and look what he can do. And just because he has lost at this young age doesn't mean he can't be a legend. If he stays at it he will be 145 champ in 5 years or so Phone Post 3.0

I'll have to check him out Phone Post

I said this before as well. We need to get a UG interview on him. Kirik up!! Phone Post 3.0

Anyone who can beat Folayang is on my radar. I'm excited to see more from this guy. Phone Post 3.0

bknumber1 - I said this before as well. We need to get a UG interview on him. Kirik up!! Phone Post 3.0

bknumber1 - I said this before as well. We need to get a UG interview on him. Kirik up!! Phone Post 3.0

Hey Chris,
Max would not be too hard to get a hold of, he's a local boi with lots of mutual friends. The guys here want an interview with Max, make it happen!

Lowen is on a tear, and he'll be making it to the UFC in no time, just like Max and Dustin. He should tryout for the ultimate fighter. But they don't always go off of talent. We got a talent pool here in Hawaii for such a small place. As for conditioning Chris Ranes (creator of this thread) is helping get rid of that stereo type of unconditioned local fighter (at least from Oahu).

he's Hawaiian? Or Philippino? Phone Post 3.0

Some good talent on Oahu. I'd totally interview Max if I wouldnt make a fool of myself. 

FanToFighter - Max Halloway imo. Only 21 and look what he can do. And just because he has lost at this young age doesn't mean he can't be a legend. If he stays at it he will be 145 champ in 5 years or so Phone Post 3.0

Agree with this. I do hope he doesnt burn out. Love watchin the guy fight. Actually I kinda question whether he'll be champ but he'll certainly be a contender before 5 years.

ChinoV - 

Hey Chris,
Max would not be too hard to get a hold of, he's a local boi with lots of mutual friends. The guys here want an interview with Max, make it happen!

Lowen is on a tear, and he'll be making it to the UFC in no time, just like Max and Dustin. He should tryout for the ultimate fighter. But they don't always go off of talent. We got a talent pool here in Hawaii for such a small place. As for conditioning Chris Ranes (creator of this thread) is helping get rid of that stereo type of unconditioned local fighter (at least from Oahu).

Thanks Chino. I think bknumber1 was referring to Lowen, but I'm sure there are many that would love to hear from both fighter's.

@Samoa: He's part Filipino, and part Hawaiian from Hawaii.

Later Phone Post 3.0

ChrisRanes -
ChinoV - 

Hey Chris,

Thanks Chino. I think bknumber1 was referring to Lowen, but I'm sure there are many that would love to hear from both fighter's.

That's right, I meant Tynanes. I posted in the Jack Brown interview request thread and it was glossed over. Phone Post 3.0

Can some1 embed the vids Phone Post 3.0

bknumber1 - 
ChrisRanes -
ChinoV - 

Hey Chris,

That's right, I meant Tynanes. I posted in the Jack Brown interview request thread and it was glossed over. Phone Post 3.0

My bad, that should be even easier to get a hold of him, Chris is his strength & conditioning coach. Click on ChrisRane (thread starter) and contact him and he can get you in touch. If not, I can text his coach and let him know The UnderGround wants an interview of him. Any exposure helps!

john_d1974 - there has never been a great Hawaiian fighter!

at least you spelled "Hawaiian" correctly. most idiots have a hard time with that...but not you! 

SUb Phone Post 3.0

I hate your SN and vote you down because of it : ( Phone Post 3.0