The Nick Diaz petition. What happens now?

I don't understand what it's for. They got their 100k signatures. What happens now?

I'm asking the OG instead of the ug because....you know...it's the ug. Phone Post 3.0

Fuck the UG

Absolutely nothing.  The 100k signatures means the WH has to review the petition to decide whether to respond to it (i.e. whether it merits taking action).

So in this case, the WH will see it's a sports regulatory body that suspended a guy for repeatedly committing what is a federal crime.  They'll laugh at the idea of doing anything to act against the regulatory body to defend a criminal, and move on to review the next petition. 

A new article from the Underground Blog. At least it is a change from the typical what Ronda's mom thinks article.

Mencken - 

Absolutely nothing.  The 100k signatures means the WH has to review the petition to decide whether to respond to it (i.e. whether it merits taking action).

So in this case, the WH will see it's a sports regulatory body that suspended a guy for repeatedly committing what is a federal crime.  They'll laugh at the idea of doing anything to act against the regulatory body to defend a criminal, and move on to review the next petition. 

So, in essence, fuck the UG. Correct?

And, because people will get up in arms, I am 100% in support of the legalization of weed.  I think it's ridiculous that it's illegal. 

But with that said, it IS a federal crime, and the WH won't do fuck all to act for someone that has repeatedly been busted for committing the crime

cool hand Ed - 
Mencken - 

Absolutely.  If the WH bothers to respond, I expect it to be those simple 3 words and nothing more 

Absolutely nothing.

Do you HONESTLY think the President of the United States of America is going to waste time on it?

I do not. Phone Post 3.0

Lol nothing happens. There are online petitions for everything sent to the WH. I'm sure it's between a 200k signature to bring back the show Firefly and one from a guy who's mayor refuses to remove the speed bump off his street.

cool hand Ed - 
Mencken - 

Nailed it.

The WH says they review any petition that gets 100k signatures. That doesn't mean they do anything but review them and respond with an email saying essentially you are wasting our time.

Mencken -

/thread Phone Post 3.0

Mencken -

He has a prescription though! Phone Post 3.0

Can the president even have an athletic commission's decision overturned? Does his power stretch that far? Is nsac even a government organisation? Phone Post 3.0

im1369 -
crazyea -
Mencken -

Still doesn't mean you are allowed to fight or do any other job with weed in your system.

You can't get a job at Walmart with THC in you. Why anyone thinks you should be able to use it and fight is beyond me.

If he wasn't so arrogant he would stop smoking 30 days before the test like the rest of us do when we need to pass a drug test. Phone Post 3.0
My point is that he isn't using criminally. Phone Post 3.0

King Trav - I don't understand what it's for. They got their 100k signatures. What happens now?

I'm asking the OG instead of the ug because....you know...it's the ug. Phone Post 3.0

It depends how much publicity it gets. They won't do anything about it at the WH obviously but you can be sure the athletic commission saw the outrage and maybe the next situation is handled different.

Maybe it will bring attention on them and they will have to talk about things and rethink

Obama will liberate Nevada when he gets wind of this atrocity.

Seems to me that the president has way bigger things to worry about than Nick Diaz's weed woes. Phone Post 3.0

im1369 - Nothing.

Stop breaking the rules ass hole!!!!!!!!

I like Nick but it's his fault. I never thought he would play the victor card. You broke the rules willingly and gave no fucks then.

Take your punishment and man up.

I know Nate was a cry baby but Nick? Really man? Phone Post 3.0

The VICTOR card huh?

He passed two blood tests....failed a urine test. It's a complete joke.

crazyea - 
im1369 -
crazyea -
Mencken -

Still doesn't mean you are allowed to fight or do any other job with weed in your system.

You can't get a job at Walmart with THC in you. Why anyone thinks you should be able to use it and fight is beyond me.

If he wasn't so arrogant he would stop smoking 30 days before the test like the rest of us do when we need to pass a drug test. Phone Post 3.0
My point is that he isn't using criminally. Phone Post 3.0

A sports regulatory body can and often does include things on its banned list that are perfectly legal for the average Joe.

For example:
Andro and other steroid "precursors." You can buy them legally. WADA will bust you for them

Beta blockers

a lot of antihistamines including pseudoephadrine

This is the reason why teams have team doctors whose whole entire fucking job is to check the ingredient list against the WADA list when an athlete does anything.

Wasn't the whole point of this petition to bring light to the fact that he passed the required tests and is being banned for almost twice the amount as if he had tested positive?  Which he didn't?