The night they were at their best..

Which fight was a fighter at their best? Against which opponent did a fighter have their best performance?

ex.

Randy Couture: Chuck Liddell 1 (Sylvia and Gonzaga are arguable as well though)

Cro Cop: Barnett 3 in the OWGP finals

Chuck: UFC 52 against randy

Fedor: Pride 25 body blow against nog. Fedor would have beaten any HW in history that night.

BJ Penn: Matt hughes 1, although his wins over Diego and Florian when he was trained by Marinovich is arguable.

Shogun: When he beat Overeem and ARona in one night, winning the 2005 MWGP. We have never seen a better shogun.

Brock UFC 100

but that may be a poor example

UGCTT_ShanTheMan - Brock UFC 100

but that may be a poor example

That's a good example. He beat the shit out of Frank Mir that night.

BJ Penn vs Diego Sanchez Phone Post

IAmNotImpressedbyYourStocktonSlap - BJ Penn vs Diego Sanchez Phone Post

Read op after I posted, so I'll change it to Anthony Pettis vs Benson Henderson 2. Anthony looked amazing that night. Completely outclassed Benson. Phone Post

Matt Hughes: Frank Trigg 2, though his fights with Carlos Newton are arguable as well.

GSP vs BJ 2

Sorry Melvin. Phone Post 3.0

Rampage when he beat Henderson.

Great cardio,tight boxing and sharp wrestling for all 5 rounds.

Yeah I know there was no big KO or anything like that like we saw in some of his other fights,but THAT was the best Rampage I ever saw.

Henderson looked great also that night.

Randy Couture vs Big Tim Phone Post

brody3316 - 

Randy Couture vs Big Tim Phone Post

Read the OP, Einstein. I think Randy vs. Chuck 1 was Randy's best performance but his fight against Tim was up there too.

Ken Shamrock Ultimate Ultimate 2 

Was a beast vs Johnston

Ken Shamrock Ultimate Ultimate 2 

Was a beast vs Johnston

voorhees - Rampage when he beat Henderson.

Yeah I know there was no big KO or anything like that like we saw in some of his other fights,but THAT was the best Rampage I ever saw.

Rampage against Henderson was definitely a great performance. His fights against Chuck 1 and 2 were excellent and his third fight against Wanderlei were arguable as well.

Cerrone vs Stephens

Which came after nate looked his best against him

Which came after his previous best against gomi Phone Post

SuPeRkEwL ELECTRIC bleu - 

Rampage against Henderson was definitely a great performance. His fights against Chuck 1 and 2 were excellent and his third fight against Wanderlei were arguable as well.

Now that I think about it.The way he completely stonewalled ALL of Randlemans takedown attempts and smashed him was awfully impressive.

Still think he was the most complete and prepared vs. his best opponent ever in Henderson though...

Anderson and Forrest. You knew there was a gap in skill level and that Silva was going to most likely win, but I was stunned with how foolish he made Forrest look.

Ludwig against Goulet Phone Post 3.0

voorhees - 

Now that I think about it.The way he completely stonewalled ALL of Randlemans takedown attempts and smashed him was awfully impressive.

Still think he was the most complete and prepared vs. his best opponent ever in Henderson though...

He did look great against Randleman.

Kid Salami - Anderson and Forrest. You knew there was a gap in skill level and that Silva was going to most likely win, but I was stunned with how foolish he made Forrest look.

I thought Forrest had a good chance of upsetting Anderson going into that fight.

Kid Salami - Anderson and Forrest. You knew there was a gap in skill level and that Silva was going to most likely win, but I was stunned with how foolish he made Forrest look.

I thought Forrest had a good chance of upsetting Anderson going into that fight.

Really?Why?

Cuz he was bigger?

No other reason to think that.

I gave Bonnar a better chance simply cuz he had better jujitsu than Forrest.

But still none.