The night they were at their best..

voorhees - 
SuPeRkEwL ELECTRIC bleu - 
Kid Salami - Anderson and Forrest. You knew there was a gap in skill level and that Silva was going to most likely win, but I was stunned with how foolish he made Forrest look.

I thought Forrest had a good chance of upsetting Anderson going into that fight.

Really?Why?

Cuz he was bigger?

No other reason to think that.

I gave Bonnar a better chance simply cuz he had better jujitsu than Forrest.

But still none.

Forrest vs. Shogun. I thought he could do it again. Forrest has a way bigger chance than Bonnar.

Condit: vs Stungun- Condit was in control this whole fight, never in danger. When he was takendown, sweeped him. It was a great performance

Nick: vs Robbie or Gomi- In the Lawler fight he really showcased his taunting his opponent into his punches amazingly. Great head movement as well. Against Gomi showed off his submissions skills. Not sure which to pick from.

Edgar: vs Penn 2: just damn Phone Post 3.0

Sakuraba when he beat Royce at 2000 GP. Phone Post

Thacommish - 
voorhees - 
SuPeRkEwL ELECTRIC bleu - 
Kid Salami - Anderson and Forrest. You knew there was a gap in skill level and that Silva was going to most likely win, but I was stunned with how foolish he made Forrest look.

I thought Forrest had a good chance of upsetting Anderson going into that fight.

Really?Why?

Cuz he was bigger?

No other reason to think that.

I gave Bonnar a better chance simply cuz he had better jujitsu than Forrest.

But still none.

surely jiu jitsu was not the deciding factor in the outcome of a fight against anderson silva from either of those guys?

Of course it would be.

Not that I gave Bonnar a shot to win,but I gave him a better one than Forrest based on the fact that Lutter,Henderson,and Marquardt had all managed to put Anderson on his back and at least threaten him.

I knew Forrest would never even try that.I knew he would just stand and wang,but I thought Bonnar might.And he has a better ground game than Forrest.

It's all academic now.

Gil vs aoki

Gsp vs serra 2

Vitor vs jones?

Hendo vs shogun or fedor

Machida vs rashad Phone Post

Royce vs Kimo Phone Post 3.0

Serra vs GSP I
Wand vs Jardine
Randleman vs Cro Cop
Machida vs Tito
Fedor vs Silvia
Aldo vs Faber
Vitor vs Wand
Rampage vs Chuck (UFC) Phone Post 3.0

cro cop @ final conflict 2006!!
nobody could have stopped him that night! Phone Post 3.0

BJ diego and cain JDS 1 are the two that spring to mind, those gruelling 5 round beat downs where the opponent is carrying themselves on nothing but heart and never really in the fight whilst their opponent makes a mess of them. Phone Post 3.0

Oh and BJ sherk, when BJ walked away and sherk was just looking up at him like "yeah you're the man at this weight" Phone Post 3.0

Joe Lauzon vs Gabe. He looked like an absolute beast that night!! Maybe it was against a lesser opponent but definitely his best night! Phone Post

Also machida vs rashad or thiago. Phone Post

BrokeFitch - cro cop @ final conflict 2006!!
nobody could have stopped him that night! Phone Post 3.0

I disagree. He fought a juice monster in Wand and a scared Josh that he'd already beat twice.

UFC 100 Brock beats him
Randy from Chuck 1 beats him
Fedor from '03-'10 beats him
Steroid Sylvia is 50/50
Non Zombie Nog beats him.
JDs and Cain both beat him

plus Minowa and Yoshida to get to the semis

Chael against Nate and Anderson (before triangle of course). Phone Post 3.0

MMAFriedRice - Joe Lauzon vs Gabe. He looked like an absolute beast that night!! Maybe it was against a lesser opponent but definitely his best night! Phone Post
And this geez that was bad. Phone Post 3.0

Edgar vs. Sherk was a turning point fight. Phone Post 3.0

allforroy - Edgar vs. Sherk was a turning point fight. Phone Post 3.0

This isn't a turning point thread.

SuPeRkEwL ELECTRIC bleu -
allforroy - Edgar vs. Sherk was a turning point fight. Phone Post 3.0

This isn't a turning point thread.
Great post, dude. Phone Post 3.0

Machida vs Shad. he looked like the future.
Cro-cop when he won the OWGP, that night the man was on a mission and he looked unstoppable think the cro cop of that night would beat any heavyweight at the time
GSP vs Trigg. complete and utter dominance that showed world class skills over an at the time high caliber fighter. while GSP has had many the way he demolished trigg with ease made him seem unstoppable.