The odds of a Khabib vs Tony fight happening

Tony vs Khabib is a fight I gave up on ever seeing a while ago. Its like Saku vs Rickson, after a while you just accept its not going to happen.

Tony pulled out of the fight twice with injury.

Khabib pulled out of the fight twice with injury.

LW champ Khabib was suspending due to doing the flying eagle after Conor's bus attack.

A new interim title was created but Tony could not compete for it due to mental health issues.

Now Tony vs Cowboy is booked for tomorrow and champ Khabib vs int. champ Poirier is booked for September.

Tony is a slight favorite at -135 and Khabib is a 4-1 favorite. The odds of both men winning are at around +120.

Whats not in the odds are the odds of Conor getting to cut the line ahead of Tony and getting an immediate rematch with Khabib in say... December.

Its interesting, Khabib vs Tony for the title can happen after all these years, Cowboy, Poirier, and Conor can all play spoiler.

A lot of variables to this equation, one variable is removed tomorrow night.

The first spoiler on the new summer 2019 version of the road to Khabib vs Tony...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=js-ImJzcoLA

1 Like

Don't be negative dude 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOkGv6FdGFY

Ok, I have un-accepted that Tony vs Khabib is never going to happen.

The first Tony vs Khabib fight was booked for December 11, 2015. Khabib had beat RDA in 2014 and battled knee issues over the next year before signing to fight Tony for the first time. Tony was coming off a summer 2015 win over Josh Thompson when he signed to fight Khabib.

Its a fight that is now four years in the making and remaking and remaking.

I’m really hoping Tony wins tonight and hoping Khabib wins in September and also that Conor stays out of the picture.

Tony made it happen. Not the way the fans wanted but its over. Tony moves one.

#1 contender.

24%

RKing85 - 

24%

?

Slim to none. Tony should rightfully get it but Dana will use the fight ending today as some shit excuse not to give it to him

Doesn't matter...nobody beating Khabib anytime soon.  

Don J - Slim to none. Tony should rightfully get it but Dana will use the fight ending today as some shit excuse not to give it to him

I think that's another reason Tony was pissed. 

Khabib now has to stay healthy for 12 weeks, win the fight and be healthy after it. Fuck off Conor. Stay away.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxxMhbj2IeA

You never know, Dustin could pull out with injury. Shit happens. If he does I would think they would slot Tony in there in Sept. 

I would rather see Dustin vs Tony at this point I hope khabib gets injured. Not to see khabib hurt but want to see Tony get his 13th lw win and  win a second interim title. Then book khabib vs Tony next year. 

1 Like
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjqC3dn6WT0

If Khabib wins in Sep and Conor returns to skip Tony then Tony should just sit out and wait for the title shot vs the Khabib vs Conor II winner.

Conor should go box. 

He has one win at 155 vs eddie alvarez who is 4-3-1 at 155 with controversial split decisions and a no contest that should have been a dq loss. 

My point i guess is that there is already one urijiah faber inthe ufc who gets successive unwarranted title shots whenever he wants. Let conor fight someone else and actually work his way into the mix. Which he doesnt seem interested in doing. 

Tony vs khabib never happens. The universe has already spoken. 

Make it happen already!!!  Tony is game to fight anyone;  I think Dana keeps giving him different fights to see if he loses so that he can be bumped off.  Tony has practically beaten almost everyone; at least make it against Gaethje

HoldingTuasBalls - 

Make it happen already!!!  Tony is game to fight anyone;  I think Dana keeps giving him different fights to see if he loses so that he can be bumped off.  Tony has practically beaten almost everyone; at least make it against Gaethje

It’s crazy bro. Check this. The last time Tony lost…women had not yet fought in the UFC, A. Silva and GSP were reigning champions, Ben henderson was the lightweight champ, Usman and Cejudo had zero pro fights, Kevin Lee had only 1 pro fight, and the flyweight division was 2 months old.

I do think Dana wants him to keep having to fight people to see if he loses.

Most people that have gotten to 12-0 runs (not many) were well into their title defense eras when they did.

Fucking Eddie Alvarez got a title shot off only 2 split decision wins.

In the time Conor has gone 0-1 in the UFC...

Tony has beat and finished Lee, Pettis, and Cerrone. 3-0

Khabib has beat Johnson, Iaquinta, Barboza, and Conor and finished two of them. 4-0

Poirier has beat Miller, Pettis, Gaethje, Alvarez, and Holloway. Finished three. 5-0-0-1nc

Thank god Khabib vs Poirier is happening.

Best thing Tony can do is sit and wait for the winner if Khabib beats Poirier and Conor gets the next title shot.