"The Office" - after Michael Scott left?

Was at all that bad afterwards?

I couldn't keep up after a couple of episodes of James Spader replacing him, and so had to stop watching. It had nothing to do with the show.

So I have a couple of more seasons I've been wanting to watch to finish the series.

I know how big of a loss Michael Scott was, but for those of you that finished the entire series, was it really all the bad after he left? I'm thinking of finishing the last couple of episodes when I get the time. Unless it was indeed horrible.

Thanks for any input.

Wasn't bad. Lots of supporting character hilarity

I liked it. Fat kid with glasses from hot tub time machine was good.

It fell off obviously as he was such a great character. He was gone the last two seasons, the first one without him is better than the last season of the show. The last season with Jim in Philly and fighting with Pam is the worst season of the show by far in my opinion.

It struggled for a while, I love Spader but it was not a good fit. Once the show went back to it's roots and ran with Dwight it finished strong.

jonflesh - It fell off obviously as he was such a great character. He was gone the last two seasons, the first one without him is better than the last season of the show. The last season with Jim in Philly and fighting with Pam is the worst season of the show by far in my opinion.

I AGREE WITH THIS

even though the jim pam fighting was important to help frame the concept of it being a reality tv show and the affect the crew had on the staff

the biggest travesty was how they finished of Andy

they finally built andy into a good man and then just pulled that out and had him go off the deep end

Pretjah - the biggest travesty was how they finished of Andy

they finally built andy into a good man and then just pulled that out and had him go off the deep end
I think he was filming one of the Hangovers at the time. They tried to turn him into Michael and it failed.

Pretjah - the biggest travesty was how they finished of Andy

Agreed that ending sucked for Andy

as one of my favorite shows, thought it was unwatchable after scott left...

speaking of the office, after watching the new david brent movie and that "special correspondents", it is clear that stephen merchant was the real writing talent behind the original office...

The David Brent film is just depressing and not funny.

ferox - The David Brent film is just depressing and not funny.

gervais' solo projects have been brutal...

jonflesh - It fell off obviously as he was such a great character. He was gone the last two seasons, the first one without him is better than the last season of the show. The last season with Jim in Philly and fighting with Pam is the worst season of the show by far in my opinion.
No one ever mentions the fact that Pam was going to fuck Brian until she realized that they could hear her without her wearing a mic.

theINFAMOUScarpe -

Wasn't bad. Lots of supporting character hilarity

This. 

It started to decline but Andy, Jim and Dwight really stepped up.

I loved Robert California.

Jims a retard for not going with Rashida Jones. Pam is a frumpy plain-faced do-nothing. WAAAAH I WANT TO GO TO ART SCHOOL WAAAAH. Worst part of the show by far.

That final season was awful.

Wasn't any comparison to me. I can't say it was only because Michael left though. Could be of course but could also have been that the series was winding down and people just didn't care as much when making it.

Pretjah - the biggest travesty was how they finished of Andy

Very disappointed to hear this. I really liked his character and the actor.

I'll probably watch anyway, though. I have a feeling it's still better than most shows currently out there.

If I ever recommend the show to anyone, I tell them to stop after Michael leaves.