The Office without Michael Scott

Wow.  Wholly crap it is bad.  It went from one of the, if not the, funniest shows of all time with Michael Scott there, to almost downright bad right after he left the show.  It is just not funny anymore.  Did they change writers at the same time or something?  Why did he leave, anyways?  He made that show.

bumb for some knowledge.

His timing was perfect (Steve Carell), he left at the peak of popularity, and before the show got stale. 

They series should have ended with the scene in the airport when he takes off his mic.

"Foxcatcher" was the first full project he completed after leaving the office. It was brilliant to take a dramatic role, and break free from the hilarious slap stick comedy he was known for.

He elevated himself above his peers, who were never able to pull off such a feat.

So there wasn't some pay dispute or something?  He litereally just thought "I want to leave at the peak" and bolted?

"They series should have ended with the scene in the airport when he takes off his mic."

I remember that scene.   So sad.  And you are right, that would have been a perfect ending.  :(:(:(

Homeslice - 

So there wasn't some pay dispute or something?  He litereally just thought "I want to leave at the peak" and bolted?

"They series should have ended with the scene in the airport when he takes off his mic."

I remember that scene.   So sad.  And you are right, that would have been a perfect ending.  :(:(:(

The contemplated several spin offs.

One was going to be called "Schrute Farms" and be all about Dwight and his family.

I am glad they didn't, it would have ruined the character.

They are threatening to bring back the office, I hope they don't.

I can watch the original on Netflix until the end of time. It ranks up there with Seinfeld and Frasier imo.

James Spader was good. The Pam and Jim marital problems story was not.

Ed Helms (Andy) did a decent job replacing (Steve) but he still wasn’t as good. I don’t think it was his fault, I blame the writers for focusing more on Jim and Pam’s marital problems. Dwight in my opinion was killing it when Michael left and the back and forth between him and Jim was the only thing that made the show worth watching. 

I keep hoping for Dwight Schrute to show up somewhere... on SOMETHING...

Feel the same about Ron Swanson.

How about a movie with the two of them?

Steve Carell is just that good. The show was still good, but it didn't have that transcendent star.

I disagree

It was only the Will Ferrel episodes that were not that great, after that was good. James Spader saved the show imo.

Supposedly NBC is considering reviving it (w/o cartel)

https://www.google.com/amp/variety.com/2017/tv/news/the-office-revival-nbc-1202644522/amp/

Yeah, the season with Saber and having them open a store selling triangle phones was weird....

He was the star of the show and really hard to replace. I love the show, but Will Ferrell's character was awful and I didn't really love James Spader either. Jim & Dwight kept the show going after Michael left.

I think I remember reading that Carell left the show on good terms. I think it was a smart move on his part.

Nah season 8 and 9 are still good. Season 3 is the goat though 

Fabes -

He was the star of the show and really hard to replace. I love the show, but Will Ferrell's character was awful and I didn't really love James Spader either. Jim & Dwight kept the show going after Michael left.

I think I remember reading that Carell left the show on good terms. I think it was a smart move on his part.

He wanted to “honor his original contract” smh 

It was fucking awful after he left. 

Zned - 
Homeslice - 

The contemplated several spin offs.

One was going to be called "Schrute Farms" and be all about Dwight and his family.

I am glad they didn't, it would have ruined the character.

They are threatening to bring back the office, I hope they don't.

I can watch the original on Netflix until the end of time. It ranks up there with Seinfeld and Frasier imo.

The pilot of "Scrute Farms" is actually the one where Dwights extended family is featured the whole episode. I guess they decided not to go with the series so they put it in the Office season.

There was a scene where Pam and Jim find Michael Scott's screenplay he was writing.

Jim is showing it to Pam as she is leaning against a desk. How Pam was leaning and the shirt she was wearing there was a perfect shot of her titties. They look amazing. Holy shit.

Season 2 christmas and Halloween episodes are peob my favorite 2 ever. "Money is this thing where you can say hey man i love you this many dollars worth" Also loves how he gets ryan the ipod so in his heas hes now expecting an expensive gift and ruins everyones xmas lmao