The Official MMA Ontario thread

I find it coincendental that you are pulling this stuff of knowing that I have the meeting with the legal firm TONIGHT.

Yes Antico, the same firm you fully know about that is willing to help out in the cause.

Yes Antico, the same firm, the same meeting, the same information I gave to you in September of 2004 at Apex.

Funny how you are doing all of this stuff a few days in advance of my meeting.

Many people ALREADY KNOW THAT AFTER THIS MEETING it will hopefully create a blueprint for many of us to follow. You are 10 years behind scheduele Marco.

ttt

I don't know how this relates to the present time, but about two years ago when I was helping out with a pro boxing show here in London (Molitor defended his title, still undefeated), I spoke with Mr. Hyashi about a couple of different things.

At the time, more for curiousity, I asked him if MMA was going to get legalized in Ontario and his direct quote was:
"It's not going to happen..."

I read the quotes at the beginning of this thread, adn this memory struck me as interesting... It seems like he definitely has his own opinion and is not being "indifferent"....

Mr. Mitchell, are you stating that someone in government may not be open about what they mean when they state something? They might be being deceptive?

...I for one am shocked...shocked I say...

ttt

Ever watch those dumb comedies where the over-eager kid is in line at DMV and he finally gets the front only to be sent to another line, then another line, then another line, and at the end of the show, while the credits roll, he is finally sent to another line and realizes it's the first one he was in.

That's government. If they tell you to go to another office, that office will likely do the same. It's how they play off people who they don't respect or fear.

(edited to get Doug's name right)

Hey, quick input if I may. I hope it helps...

When the IFC guys were shopping for sanctioning in various states in the US in the mid 90's, they came armed with specific facts and figures both economically, statistically, and medically to prove their assertions against the narrow minded biases of the existing commissions. Just curious if you could do the same thing, like:

1) Find what economic impact MMA has had on California...both direct taxation and indirect economic stimulus must be valued in the tens of millions right now. I know it's kind of an obscure statistic, but probably Sherdog would be able to get you that info.

2) Give them a quick chronology for the events, from UFC 1 onward, emphasizing the progression and evolution of the sport from merely a violent exhibition to a viable, sanctioned combat sport. Point out and draw correlations with weight classes, stoppage procedures, rules, and other errata in comparison with boxing.

3)I know this is going to sound controversial, but tell them about Doug Dedge's death and all the recorded injuries and/or fatalities (to my knowledge, Ramsay's is the only one) to occur in MMA training or as a result of competition. THEN hammer them with Boxing's yearly death toll and incapactiation rate, both amateur and professional. THEN football's stats. THEN ice hockey. Guarantee you, put into a comparative chart format, you'll raise some eyebrows with that.

4) Give specific medical statistics concerning the dangers and limits thereof of submission techniques like the RNC, armbar, ankle lock and such. Reference Judo if you can. As well, compare the long term documented damage of boxing training compared to MMA training.

Hope this helps a little. I'll be sending a copy of the petition to my MPP and my MP.

Good Luck to you bro.

Its Doug Dedge and YES you are right. Explaining the circumstances around his unfortunate death will serve as a reminder of why MMA needs to be sanctioned.

Everything else you mentioned Im sure has been in motion for some time.

Pete

For a second there I thought maybe "I" was dead and no one bothered to tell me.

If you're still typing, you'd have to be un-dead.

I'm a zombie!

ZOOOOOMBIE!

...brainssss...

tapping marco on the head

...Brains?

wandering away

...uuuuuugh...

=)