The OG is more depressing than the quarantine life

i live in the densest area of NYC in which the highest rates of infections had been reported.

I have also lost a few people close to me because of it. 

When i read many (most) of these threads in 2020, the whining,complaining, apologism, and flawed logic is sadder than most of what i've had to deal with in the last 3 months. 

The uncompromising and inarticulate back and forths, the shameless race card pulling on both sides, and the partisan politics is nearly vomit inducing.

Is this place therapeutic? For me, it is more like like watching a car wreck... I just can't look away. It also is a reminder of how miserable some people are  and how positivity really make a difference in the quality of life.

What does this place offer you?

13 Likes

It's political cancer here. Has been for awhile. Even innocuous threads get derailed by politics. It's terminal and will never change due to the polarization of our country thanks to social media exploding into all of our lives.

6 Likes

Hot chicks for sure (VU SpunQ).

Knife making thread is pretty awesome.

Love Soup's posts.

Never not funny thread has been good for a lot of laughs.

JennyCraig -

Hot chicks for sure (VU SpunQ).

Knife making thread is pretty awesome.

Love Soup's posts.

Never not funny thread has been good for a lot of laughs.

i will check out the knife thread, thanks!

cheech -

It's a political cancer here. Has been for awhile. Even innocuous threads get derailed by politics. It's terminal and will never change due to the polarization of our country thanks to social media exploding into all of our lives.

perhaps

I dont get into politics here,unless I get a hair up my ass about the god damn libertarians. Just like I ignore and hate racism, until the fucking Inuits show up,then we have a problem.

I hate and love this place at the same time. If I am in a shit mood, I can find funny stuff here. If I am in a good mood, seeing some fd up thread can kind of drag me down a little. I dont mean hurt feelings or words, I mean like people getting killed or beaten over stupid shit.

grady - 

i live in the densest area of NYC in which the highest rates of infections had been reported.

When i read many (most) of these threads in 2020, the whining,complaining, apologism, and flawed logic is sadder than most of what i've had to deal with in the last 3 months. 

The uncompromising and inarticulate back and forths, the shameless race card pulling on both sides, and the partisan politics is nearly vomit inducing.

Is this place therapeutic? For me, it is more like like watching a car wreck... I just can't look away. It also is a reminder of how miserable some people are  and how positivity really make a difference in the quality of life.

Grady, you sound like you are depressed and it has nothing to do with the OG?

OP is a Karen. 

2 Likes

![yo](upload://jEZEcu7bwQUxtfKsiXGmnqq9CCp.gif)

6 Likes
StrikingMMA -
grady - 

are you asking or telling ?

lol. i'm not depressed but having to postpone my wedding and looking out for my older mother after losing some friends to this virus is certainly depressing, wouldn't you imagine?

Black Doug -

OP is a Karen. 

this is the best you can come up with?

Stay safe Grady-San! I don't want anything bad happening to you!

1 Like

Indescribale joy.....

ShanTheMan -

I dont get into politics here,unless I get a hair up my ass about the god damn libertarians. Just like I ignore and hate racism, until the fucking Inuits show up,then we have a problem.

I hate and love this place at the same time. If I am in a shit mood, I can find funny stuff here. If I am in a good mood, seeing some fd up thread can kind of drag me down a little. I dont mean hurt feelings or words, I mean like people getting killed or beaten over stupid shit.

the far left tends to sicken me and i can't stand ultra conservative apologists either.

the lack of compromise in arguments despite solid logic presented is some of the most irritating. 

deviation, red herrings, and/or ad hominem attacks tend to be the orders of the day

4 Likes
DaveFu -

you too Dave! hope all is well!

grady -
StrikingMMA -
grady - 

lol. i'm not depressed but having to postpone my wedding and looking out for my older mother after losing some friends to this virus is certainly depressing, wouldn't you imagine?

Not judging,but why get married? You are a very eligible bachelor with (what I can only assume is)  a BBC. 

They almost always win if it goes south, get a prenup grady.

grady - 
DaveFu -

Yeah I'm fine. I'm nowhere near a subway or bodega!

ShanTheMan -
grady -
StrikingMMA -
grady - 

Not judging,but why get married? You are a very eligible bachelor with (what I can only assume is)  a BBC. 

They almost always win if it goes south, get a prenup grady.

Oh because I met the most amazing woman. I never imagined getting married before her. I'm willing to risk it all lol

DaveFu -
grady - 
DaveFu -

Yeah I'm fine. I'm nowhere near a subway or bodega!

lmao...

cheech - 

It's political cancer here. Has been for awhile. Even innocuous threads get derailed by politics. It's terminal and will never change due to the polarization of our country thanks to social media exploding into all of our lives.

It's the same on Facebook, Reddit, and just about every other forum.  That's why I advocate for a PolticalGround that would be on the same footing as the OG.  Not a subforum.  A seperate but equal forum.  It would probably even be bigger than the OG.  But apparently Kirik doesn't want that.  Blame him.

1 Like