The oldest KISS concert ever recorded

When they were actually a decent band and still playing in clubs before they hit it big.

Too bad the guy recording was a dipshit and not focused.

In. Nice find OP

Not a huge KISS fan, but god damn do I appreciate the non-political-just-plain-old-fun threads you post. Keep doing your thing. The world needs more people like that. 

Thanks for posting

Saw them live 5 years back or so with motley crue.....Glad I did get to see them in my lifetime. What you see is what you get with kiss. They just play.

That actually sucks.  

I met them all sans makeup in 1977. My dad was a NYC recording engineer and his studio did some studio work for them. My sister and I went with him to his office one weekend for "a surprise". 

Had no idea who they were until they told us. I don't remember it very well. 

I met a shitload of celebrities in the 70s and early 80s. Have lots of pics, but none with KISS. They were very serious about keeping their id's under wraps. 

Squirrel, Blue Belt - 

Not a huge KISS fan, but god damn do I appreciate the non-political-just-plain-old-fun threads you post. Keep doing your thing. The world needs more people like that. 

lol....thanks. tryin to keep this place alive.

Been around this forum since it started and would like to see it get back. I wish Kirik would appreciate that and let me run it  =P

jackbone -

Saw them live 5 years back or so with motley crue.....Glad I did get to see them in my lifetime. What you see is what you get with kiss. They just play.

That was the last time i saw them too.  Have seen them 4 times.  They really give it their all and always put on a great show.

Ya, not a kiss fan and that vid doesn't quite help but it's still a really cool find. I pretty much just know them as the big rockers they became. Pretty sweet to see them in a small club just starting out. 

Cool. I grew up with that music. I was 11 in 73 and was a huge kiss fan. 

The guy guy filming should have cleaned the shit off the lense of his iPhone. 

A friend was their road manager for a few years, said they are good guys. 

benwah -

..good guys that liked to?

I No Kung Foo -
benwah -

..good guys that liked to?

Rock n Roll all nite n party everyday!

jackbone -

Same. I wasn’t a big fan before I went but they were incredible. Really good event, like nothing I’ve seen before.

Said they genuinely care about their fans. Said if Gene and Paul were having an argument and a fan walked up and wanted an autograph they would stop arguing, be super polite, sign anything, take the photo and the moment the fan walked away back to arguing.

He also told me about how they do a lot of work with the wounded warrior project, helping out vets. They were contacted to play a benefit in London, agreed to do it for free, showed up and the organizer was very out of his league and fucked up the whole event, so Kiss found the biggest venue they could rent at the last minute, paid out of there own pocket and the event happened.

Very cool.

Interesting story I heard about the song Beth.

Originally, it was written about a band member and his overly possessive, hen pecking girlfriend.  And it got turned into this huge love ballad.  Kind of amusing.

Good live version of Beth performed with a symphony.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KbtO_Ayjw0M