The one awesome thing about BJJ when it's hot out

The majority of people don't come to class. For the past week, it's been like having semi privates with our BJJ Coach.

The phenomena also happens when it rains.

Yeah, or the slackers show up and wanna roll no-Gi. Phone Post

Plus, you get to take the gi off at the end of class. It feels fantastic.

our attendance doesnt seem to change much, but then again its always hot

Hotter the better Phone Post

We call our gym the sweat box when it's hot. You have to peel your gi off. I've never weighed myself before and after a session, but a few kilos of water must disappear. Phone Post

I joke around that people will only train during nuetral weather. I'll call up my students and ask why weren't you in class, they reply "it was too nice outside" or "it was terrible weather so I stayed in".

Mondays are usually packed where I train, but by Wednesday, the crowd goes down to a third of the size. Just like Anthony said, its just like semi-privates, which is cool. The hot weather isn't much of a factor, as its always hot in hell (Texas).

tubuku01 - Mondays are usually packed where I train, but by Wednesday, the crowd goes down to a third of the size. Just like Anthony said, its just like semi-privates, which is cool. The hot weather isn't much of a factor, as its always hot in hell (Texas).

Same at our school. But moreso with the Heat finally catching up here in SoCal. It's also that way at any gym I've ever lifted, ran, etc. at. Mon and Tues, good look getting on a machine or bench. Friday, empty.