The one thing McGregor has not yet achieved

Sage Northcock -
Snapper_Winner - 
GOAT St. Pierre -
Snapper_Winner - 
GOAT St. Pierre - 155 lbs. is logjammed right now. Ortega is next up for the winner of Edgar/Holloway.

I do agree about the stadium show. Ronda vs. Holm filled 56,214 people in Etihad Stadium, Melbourne Australia. A feather in UFC’s promotional cap as their most attended event.

I agree 155 is log jammed, but if I was Holloway I would be planting seeds for that McGregor fight now.

I just think Max wants to focus on building a legendary legacy @ 145 lbs. and the UFC Hawaii is something he’s focused on over a fight with McGregor. A win over Edgar and Ortega puts him at 3 title defenses already, 4 if you count defending the interim belt.

Building a legacy is cute n’ all that, but, can you cash it in at the bank? Can Holloway feed his family with a legacy?

Or might some McGregor money be better?

…And, are you saying a fight with McGregor in Ireland, in a stadium, wouldn’t be good for his ‘legacy’ - whatever that means?

Let me ask you something. Do you like watching fights or do you like worrying more about the participants financial situations?

Let the folks within the business decide whats “lucrative” and we as fans should be talking about the fights we WANT to see regardless of the $$$ it makes.

I dont know why we as fans are so obsessed with the “numbers” when we dont make a fucking dime off of it.

NHB fighters used to fight for 50 bucks, a new belt buckle and some movie tickets.

I swear some of you guys talk so much about the money youd think YOU were getting some of it. Newsflash: They are stealing your money and views with flash in the pan matchmaking and pointless $$$ fights that clutter up the sport and do nothing in the long term. And you suckers that buy into this garbage the sport has become are as much of a joke as the sport itself at this stage.

I take your point. I’m not personally bothered what money the fighters make. I was just making a case why Holloway might like to pursue a fight with McGregor rather than focus on his ‘legacy’ at 145.

Snapper, youre awesome for actually engaging my comment rather than take it as me getting mad or disliking you, lol. I was just trying to bring the other side of things to the table. I completely get why your take on Conors next fight is actually quite valid (it is pertinent to talk about fights that are more likely to happen than the ones we WANT to see) so Im actually only half correct. So honestly youre on the money in terms of nailing down what fight Conor will likely consider next.

I was more defending the other posters stance that Max is a great future fight for Conor in terms of the merit especially if Max were to defend against Frankie and offer to go up and fight the champ at LW or something like that (champs seem to do that now so its not out of the question) but I agree that perhaps its not the most likely fight as their paths arent matched up anyways.

Youre a good poster, Op. Not enough guys around here willing to discuss things without resorting to name calling and anger.

Conor needs to decide, does he want to be rich, or does he want to potentially be a legend who is considerably richer?

With his spending habits I can't see him remaining just rich for very long. Seems like a no-brainer to me.

Lights Out Lurker -
Steven McTowelie -
Lights Out Lurker -
kpm58 -

Defending a belt?

Maybe he should defend it 10 times and hopefully one day he'll be as big as Mighty Mouse lol.

Maybe he should just try defending it once.

Once.

He’s a rich man, doesn’t say shit about his fighting accolades.

Lol he's accomplished more than any guy out there. Do you really think he needs title defenses? My God stop being one of those fags that keeps saying "defend or vacate". Khabib, Tony, Mighty Mouse, and any of those guys would be retired right now weighing 220+ lbs after collecting a $100 million check from one fight. Get real, it's about money not title defenses. Your "honorable" fighters that you look up to would give every title defense up to be Conor or his bank account. Hell, Mighty Mouse has been screaming from the rooftops that he'll basically suck a dick for a seven figure paycheck.

You’re an idiot.

Sports are about competition, money is money.

Of course he’s financially successful.

Stop being one of those fags that can’t tell the difference.

Lights Out Lurker -
kpm58 -

Defending a belt?

Maybe he should defend it 10 times and hopefully one day he'll be as big as Mighty Mouse lol.

Or 9 and call him anderson....

new age mma fans are cringe 

Mshi - Defend a belt?

poser

Sage Northcock - Snapper, youre awesome for actually engaging my comment rather than take it as me getting mad or disliking you, lol. I was just trying to bring the other side of things to the table. I completely get why your take on Conors next fight is actually quite valid (it is pertinent to talk about fights that are more likely to happen than the ones we WANT to see) so Im actually only half correct. So honestly youre on the money in terms of nailing down what fight Conor will likely consider next.

I was more defending the other posters stance that Max is a great future fight for Conor in terms of the merit especially if Max were to defend against Frankie and offer to go up and fight the champ at LW or something like that (champs seem to do that now so its not out of the question) but I agree that perhaps its not the most likely fight as their paths arent matched up anyways.

Youre a good poster, Op. Not enough guys around here willing to discuss things without resorting to name calling and anger.

You're*

deezlemike -
kpm58 -

Defending a belt?

This
Exactly my first thought too

-A title defense

-Respect

-Someone to put subtitles in fromt of him whenever he opens his gob so we can understand

Take your pick, there’s plenty more as well.

JBASS - -A title defense

-Respect

-Someone to put subtitles in fromt of him whenever he opens his gob so we can understand

Why is it that Americans need subtitles to understand English?

You Yanks are bloody odd.

Defend or vacate.

Snapper_Winner -
JBASS - -A title defense

-Respect

I’m not a yank and I used to run an Irish themed pub with backpackers for staff, so the Irish accent is not unfamiliar. It is more that his speech is so putrid that the Scottish would blush.

JBASS -
Snapper_Winner -
JBASS - -A title defense

-Respect

I’m not a yank and I used to run an Irish themed pub with backpackers for staff, so the Irish accent is not unfamiliar. It is more that his speech is so putrid that the Scottish would blush.

You’re are not an American, you are familiar with the Irish accent, yet you still need subtitles to understand McGregor.

Maybe you have learning difficulties?

Snapper_Winner -
JBASS -
Snapper_Winner -
JBASS - -A title defense

-Respect

You’re are not an American, you are familiar with the Irish accent, yet you still need subtitles to understand McGregor.

Maybe you have learning difficulties?

Nope, you won’t find one running a multi-million dollar business.

Someone stick some words under that verbal diarrhoea, or can he not afford that?

Lights Out Lurker -
Steven McTowelie -
Lights Out Lurker -
Steven McTowelie -
Lights Out Lurker -
kpm58 -

Defending a belt?

Once.

Lol he's accomplished more than any guy out there. Do you really think he needs title defenses? My God stop being one of those fags that keeps saying "defend or vacate". Khabib, Tony, Mighty Mouse, and any of those guys would be retired right now weighing 220+ lbs after collecting a $100 million check from one fight. Get real, it's about money not title defenses. Your "honorable" fighters that you look up to would give every title defense up to be Conor or his bank account. Hell, Mighty Mouse has been screaming from the rooftops that he'll basically suck a dick for a seven figure paycheck.

You’re an idiot.

Maybe high school sports are about competition. Above that level EVERY sport is about money. Once again, ANY fighter would retire or not defend a title of they made $100 million in one fight. Sports are not about competition once money is involved. For fucks sake it's pretty simple, stop acting like athletes have some moral high ground. To prove my point even further, tell me who your current favorite fighter is......and I'll tell you that he/she would never fight again if they had Conor's money.

A certain 40 year old man came out of retirement to slap your boy around and he has more money.

Oh and another acheivment not reached, all time PPV record.  It fell short so he started chucking a tantram similar to what my 3 year old niece does.

Mac’s getting a lot of hate online these days. Kind of sad to see his legions of fans turn on him, I mean I did too in the past, but I’m a hardcore fan of MMA first and foremost and the disinterest in defending belts and what not grew tiresome at times. Still it’s nice seeing Conor wealthy since he earned it and it’s a pity so many don’t like to see him on the “Rich List”

I guess they see Conor flaunting his wealth and get offended somehow. People should respect that McGregor has a difficult and dangerous job and defied impossible odds to accomplish what he has today.

It’s a tough business.

https://twitter.com/TheNotoriousMMA/status/952681960761122819

scroll the comments..It's ALL hate! 

Lights Out Lurker -
Steven McTowelie -
Lights Out Lurker -
Steven McTowelie -
Lights Out Lurker -
kpm58 -

Defending a belt?

Once.

You’re an idiot.

Maybe high school sports are about competition. Above that level EVERY sport is about money. Once again, ANY fighter would retire or not defend a title of they made $100 million in one fight. Sports are not about competition once money is involved. For fucks sake it's pretty simple, stop acting like athletes have some moral high ground. To prove my point even further, tell me who your current favorite fighter is......and I'll tell you that he/she would never fight again if they had Conor's money.
You're damn right its all about money

That’s why Mayweather is the greatest of all time over Robinson and Ali

They were dominant fighters but made pennies compared to Floyd

Fedor, GSP, Anderson who? How much were their paychecks? They should induct Conor’s 100 mill paycheck in the UFC Hall of Fame for getting his ass beat by a 40 year barely trying

Steven McTowelie - 
Lights Out Lurker -
kpm58 -

Defending a belt?

Once.

This, LOL why in the fuck do I care if a bunch of ignorant casual fan buy into Conman’s hype. Do not care for fans that are more worried about how popular a fighter and not how skilled, those fuck hole fans need a kick in the nuts!