The ONLY legitimate home based business because

I came up with it.

In my neighborhood and many of the others nearby, there’s been a rash of lost and stolen packages. Since I’m home pretty much all day, I decided to create a solution and make a little coin. Any OG’er can do this too.

I offer my whole neighborhood the option to have all important/critical mail/parcels delivered to my residence. Upon receiving, I bring the item(s) indoors and I immediately will text/email a picture of each item received and timestamp. I will hold and for just $1 they can pick it/them up or for $2.50 I will deliver.

They will have to register with me including sending drivers licenses of any parties authorized to pickup/receive the package(s). I figure by keeping the cost low, 99% will pay cash though I will accept Venmo and may even off a cheap subscription option if this takes off. 

Pros: Low cost and no overhead with great growth potential. Mostly cash transactions. 

Cons: Commiting to being home to receive all predesignated mail, plus being responsible not to lose any. There’s the potential to create issues with neighbors if pickup traffic gets too big.

sounds like a great way to make an extra $11 a month

That’s all there is to it. No selling, no downline, nothing to buy. My hoa has over 750 homes in it and it’s not even the largest one. I’m optimistic that this will be somewhat popular. But if not, nothing lost. 

Seems like a solid way to pocket an extra $8 a week

Right Hand JO Power -

Holy shit lol

Right Hand JO Power - 

I lol'd

Right Hand JO Power -

Lol true true. But given the number of people that post daily about this issue, it could be $11 weekly. #Winning

On second thought, you could make some serious bank if you are located in Austin

TheMMAn -

On second thought, you could make some serious bank if you are located in Austin

I’m located in Houston and surrounded by huge neighborhoods. This has become a growing problem. Since I’m putting myself through school online and will be home all day, I figure, why not solve a problem, and make some coin on the side. Keeping it low cost is the key imo. 

Im with the banned - 
Right Hand JO Power -

Lol true true. But given the number of people that post daily about this issue, it could be $11 weekly. #Winning

maybe, but i'd rather my package get stolen than have to go to some dude's house after work, knock on his door, and ask him for my package, then pay him $1.  

Is this a Giga thread?

Having you make sure a package blows up in your face and not mine is easily worth a dollar

Right Hand JO Power -
Im with the banned - 
Right Hand JO Power -

maybe, but i'd rather my package get stolen than have to go to some dude's house after work, knock on his door, and ask him for my package, then pay him $1.  

I guess it depends on how important the package is. We shall see soon enough as I’m launching it this summer. I will post updates of success or failure. 

Sounds great until 1 of them try to sue you claiming they didn't get their medication or something similar.

The potential payout doesn't seem worth the risk imo. 

On the plus side, you don't have to steal all those packages any more!

Right Hand JO Power -

hahaha

What insurance are you getting?  Are you incorporated?  There's a lot more risk here than you seem to realize

Mencken -

What insurance are you getting?  Are you incorporated?  There's a lot more risk here than you seem to realize

No insurance/inc. as of yet. 

The part I’m working on is making sure that I have all correct information from each person that will use this system and only hand over an item to them or their registered authorized parties (spouses, older children, etc). Also, that I have the correct tracking numbers for all packages coming to me. Ensuring receiving and pictorial updates to customer’s redundant numbers/emails will also be required per the registry. 

Additionally, I am talking to a friend that’s an attorney about a TOS in case of an issue. If it looks too risky, I’ll pull the plug on it for sure. 

Mencken - 

Oh no, it's that guy.

AnthonyWeiner -
Mencken - 

Oh no, it's that guy.

Say what you want, but that’s why I put this here. There’s always someone that has another perspective I haven’t quite thought through completely. Teh og has some smart cookies.