The only opinion that matters on Mayhem/Bisping

mmavixen -  Agree with OP 100%.  

Agreed.

Sean McCorkle - Is mine, and here it is.

Mayhem clearly won the first round, and it wasn't really even close. The first 3 minutes of the second round were about even, and then obviously Bisping dominated the rest of the fight.

So I guess I'm missing the whole "most lopsided fight in MMA history" stuff. I don't even think Mayhem has anything to be ashamed of in his performance. I don't think it was him at his best, and he did gas, but Bisping is pretty damn good. He was nearly a 3-1 favorite going into the fight.

I mean I could be wrong (not really) but am I the only one who doesn't understand all the hoopla around the fight?

Agreed. Phone Post

Mayhem looked great that first round but somewhere in the third I immediately recognized something I see every class near the end of the sparring session.

Mayhem to me appeared to have a switch go off where he broke. I noticed it when he was turtled up and Bisping had his side. Mayhem looked up, knew Bisping was going for his back and instead of trying to spin or roll out, had a switch turn off and let Bisping control him. I see this all the time with the larger guys in our gym as I being a smaller dude with cardio for days outlast 90% of the larger guys.

Anyways, that's just my thoughts. I could very well be wrong. Phone Post

McCorkle speaks the truth....

Sean McCorkle - Is mine, and here it is.

Mayhem clearly won the first round, and it wasn't really even close. The first 3 minutes of the second round were about even, and then obviously Bisping dominated the rest of the fight.

So I guess I'm missing the whole "most lopsided fight in MMA history" stuff. I don't even think Mayhem has anything to be ashamed of in his performance. I don't think it was him at his best, and he did gas, but Bisping is pretty damn good. He was nearly a 3-1 favorite going into the fight.

I mean I could be wrong (not really) but am I the only one who doesn't understand all the hoopla around the fight?

I agree whole heartedly Phone Post

Reggie Warren Jr - Agreed.

Bisping fights on a weighted scale. If Bisping beat Hamill

then him winning all but 1 round= most lopsided fight of all time. This is consistant.

Sean McCorkle speaks the truth. Phone Post

catbath -  I think Mayhem's chin didn't do him any favors. The image a lot of people were left with was him getting taking so many unanswered shots.

If he'd been knocked out, then it would have just been the grappler getting out maneuvered by the striker. Phone Post

It wasn't Mayhem's gassed chin, it was Bisping's pillow fists...

IMO Dana calling it a one sided fight is so he can justify Millers upcoming title shot, but I've been wrong before Phone Post

JimmersonzGlove - Who said it was the most lopsided in history? Green cornrow guy fight was way more lopsided on the same card.

Dana did. Agree wit mcorkle. Phone Post

Bisping was never in trouble the entire fight. Mayhem won the first by pushing the action but by doing that he also ran his tank low and got pummeled when he finally gassed. Besides multiple punches and brutal knees to the body Miller practically beat himself. Phone Post

I got really excited and started clicking the next button to see if maybe CRE vs Big Sexy kicked off in this thread.

But it didn't.

...Damn. I was almost more excited than I was for this fight we're discussing.

Sean you annoying asshole your right Phone Post

It was a boring first round but I gave it to Mayhem. Second was close till halfway mark and then Bisping started opening up more and that was the begining of the end. Definately not the worst or even most lopsided fight by any stretch. Wasn't even the most lopsided fight in the last couple months.

laying on Bisping doing absolutley nothing IMO doesnt score points.

To be competitive in the UFC I think Miller needs to drop back down to 170.

The buzz is there for them to create. Mayhem is great at it, so is Dana and Bisping. There job is to create hoopla.

You could even say they are hoopla experts. Even BIG SEXY has fallen for their antics. Even he is on forums talking about it.

Well done to the fighters in the UFC. Phone Post

Hoopla Phone Post