the otherside of UFC media ban....

"So, I called my contacts with the UFC, including Jennifer W. Thye both said that what was denied were the ringside press seats....because they have had more requests than seats. MMAWEEKLY.com and Sherdog.com are more than welcome to cover the fight like they always do...they just cant sit ringside. So, it seems they are acting like babies to me. UFC events typically do not have "press credentials" as half the time there arent even press conferences after the fight(example UFC 54) So, there is no purpose for press credentials. They dont get you interviews, etc. The UFC said they offered tickets to these sites so they could cover the fight and would set up interviews with the fighters.....so why is MMAWEEKLY so pissed? BECAUSE THEY CANT SIT RINGSIDE."

read the rest on:

http://forums.mmaweekly.com/viewtopic.php?t=1018

I'd be pretty pissed off if I was given ringside tickets to each UFC event, and then they took my tickets away!! But since I have never been given ringside seats...I really don't give a shit.

They were denied BEFORE crendetial apps were turned in so that answer is bogas. Thanks for playing. Get the facts.

--- "So, I called my contacts with the UFC, including Jennifer W. Thye both said that what was denied were the ringside press seats...."

We were denided press credentials, not merely ringside seats.

--- "because they have had more requests than seats."

Why would whomever be told this, but not FCF, Sherdog, MMAWeekly, maXfighting, etc when they/we asked why we were denied???

--- "MMAWEEKLY.com and Sherdog.com are more than welcome to cover the fight like they always do...they just cant sit ringside. So, it seems they are acting like babies to me."

What about backstage access, press sections for photos and interviews, filming/photographing at the weight-ins

--- "UFC events typically do not have "press credentials" as half the time there arent even press conferences after the fight(example UFC 54) So, there is no purpose for press credentials."

BS... they have formal press credential applications that must be filled out and submitted (as we did this time, and the last several shows), along with a letter of assignment from the media source.

--- "The UFC said they offered tickets to these sites so they could cover the fight and would set up interviews with the fighters....."

BS... I contacted the UFC after our reporter and photographer were denied. We were told that we do not meet the criteria to be provided press credentials... That was it. No talk about tickets.

--- "so why is MMAWEEKLY so pissed? BECAUSE THEY CANT SIT RINGSIDE."

This is either a lie concocted by the original poster, or by the "contact" at the UFC

whats the criteria?

--- "whats the criteria?"

I asked that very question, and I was told that it is proprietary