The People vs OJ Simpson

I'm 3 episodes deep and I like the show. My only gripe and it's a big one is how they keep focusing in on the fucking Kardashians. Like seriously? They have little to nothing to do with the trial except for Robert no one cares this is Kim's room or what the fuck ever.

But aside from that it's enjoyable thus far but if they keep focusing in on Kim as a kid I'm gonna lose my shit

The show was "meh," and apparently misrepresented many aspects of the story.

The Made in America doc was amazing though. Check it out if you haven't yet.

itskrisdude -

The show was "meh," and apparently misrepresented many aspects of the story.

The Made in America doc was amazing though. Check it out if you haven't yet.

Made in America was great. That's what led me to watch this. I agree it's just ok and very overdramatized but it's looking for ratings and most shows and movies based on real events do the same. What I can't stand is the focus on the Kardashians trying to get their viewers, that to me is a no go

I just finished it yesterday. Kim and the others are a small part of it. And they're only there as they relate to Robert and his time in the circus ring. 

I started the series and then found the ESPN doc. I think they're both based on the same book. The doc sticks to more verified facts while the drama gets into the personal relationships much more. I think they compliment each other well. 

I have to say that Cuba Gooding didn't make an ideal OJ. He's way too small and he doesn't the have the deep bass voice of OJ. 

What a fucking crazy, convoluted, batshit insane case. I missed a lot of the craziness because I was stationed overseas at the time. 

pfsjkd -

I just finished it yesterday. Kim and the others are a small part of it. And they're only there as they relate to Robert and his time in the circus ring. 

I started the series and then found the ESPN doc. I think they're both based on the same book. The doc sticks to more verified facts while the drama gets into the personal relationships much more. I think they compliment each other well. 

I have to say that Cuba Gooding didn't make an ideal OJ. He's way too small and he doesn't the have the deep bass voice of OJ. 

What a fucking crazy, convoluted, batshit insane case. I missed a lot of the craziness because I was stationed overseas at the time. 

I've only seen the first 3 so far and in every one of them they've focused on Kim and her sisters a few times. It's annoying as fuck

The doc was awesome. The drama series was ok. 

theINFAMOUScarpe -
pfsjkd -

I've only seen the first 3 so far and in every one of them they've focused on Kim and her sisters a few times. It's annoying as fuck

Well, to be fair, the OJ Simpson case is the single biggest reason for the rise of the Kardashians. I think they're just giving a nod to that. 

theINFAMOUScarpe -
pfsjkd -

Episode 4 (which ends with Black Superman) is the turning point of the series. It's the first episode not directed by Ryan and not coincidentally is the start of the series not being so fucking campy.

From episode 4 on, the show proves itself to be legit and just an all around fantastic show.

theINFAMOUScarpe -
pfsjkd -

Yeah dont worry, there not much focus on them much more if i remember. Its so tough watching it because u know he did it. I felt so bad for chris and Marcia, i really grew to live their characters. Painfull to watch them blow the fucking case.. marcia was fucked with Fuhrman anyways because he found the glove.

Donkey Hotee -

I didn't feel like they "focused in" on Kim K, they seemed to use the Kardasian family to illustrate the pressure that Rob faced by supporting OJ and the way he began to change his mind about whether or not he did it.  

So you think the close up of the family chanting Kardashian over and over like they're the fucking ODoyles from Billy Madison isn't focusing on them a bit much?

Donkey Hotee -
theINFAMOUScarpe -
Donkey Hotee -

I didn't feel like they "focused in" on Kim K, they seemed to use the Kardasian family to illustrate the pressure that Rob faced by supporting OJ and the way he began to change his mind about whether or not he did it.  

So you think the close up of the family chanting Kardashian over and over like they're the fucking ODoyles from Billy Madison isn't focusing on them a bit much?

in a one hour episode how much screen-time did they devote to the Kardashian family?

my reaction any time i see one of the Kardashian's is to roll my eyes and turn the channel, so i get what you're saying.  i just didn't think their appearance in this show was out of context or gratuitous.  like another poster mentioned, i think you've probably seen 90% of the scenes they are in by episode 3 or 4.  

by the end of the show i dont think you will still feel like they've been showcased.

Starting episode 4 now.

I couldn't believe Furman plead the 5th when asked if he planted evidence in that case. Jesus. I believe that was the true death knell for the case at that exact moment. The glove fiasco was bad but that was the last nail IMO. 

Good show. Worst part was Cuba as OJ.

Donkey Hotee -
theINFAMOUScarpe -
Donkey Hotee -

in a one hour episode how much screen-time did they devote to the Kardashian family?

my reaction any time i see one of the Kardashian's is to roll my eyes and turn the channel, so i get what you're saying.  i just didn't think their appearance in this show was out of context or gratuitous.  like another poster mentioned, i think you've probably seen 90% of the scenes they are in by episode 3 or 4.  

by the end of the show i dont think you will still feel like they've been showcased.

That was dumb and never happened acording to the kartrashians.

looks like OJ is getting out soon and will be on his own reality show.  

pfsjkd -

I couldn't believe Furman plead the 5th when asked if he planted evidence in that case. Jesus. I believe that was the true death knell for the case at that exact moment. The glove fiasco was bad but that was the last nail IMO. 

He had too...

they could of asked any question and the response would of been the same. 

Anyway, I enjoyed both. I like the doc goes more into detail but I fully enjoyed the show too. 

I felt they they could of cast it better for some people though. John travolta was shit, 

I was actually shocked at how little the Kardashians are focused on. 

The kardashians had about 4 minutes of screen time total in the first three episodes. Is that really all you could focus on?

Stea1th -
pfsjkd -

He had too...

they could of asked any question and the response would of been the same. 

Anyway, I enjoyed both. I like the doc goes more into detail but I fully enjoyed the show too. 

I felt they they could of cast it better for some people though. John travolta was shit, 

He didn't have to on THAT question. . . unless he actually did plant evidence (which I don't think he physically would have been able to do like the defense postulated). He could have chosen not to invoke at any time. Invoking on that question only solidified the silly assumption that OJ was setup.