The problem with Ancient Aliens, the TV show...

It's an entertaining show but aside from all of the other problems it has, there's one problem that always sticks out to me.

In every episode they have a different "theory" (more of a hypothesis really) about aliens and what they've supposedly been responsible for. Some of the theories even contradict each other.

Basically according to that show, aliens have been responsible for everything at all different times in the life of this planet.

Anyone else notice this?

angryinch - It's an entertaining show but aside from all of the other problems it has, there's one problem that always sticks out to me.

In every episode they have a different "theory" (more of a hypothesis really) about aliens and what they've supposedly been responsible for. Some of the theories even contradict each other.

Basically according to that show, aliens have been responsible for everything at all different times in the life of this planet.

Anyone else notice this?

they are presenting hypothesis

nothing more

good show

I'm not saying it isn't entertaining, just that they can't have a thousand competing hypotheses at the same time.

angryinch - I'm not saying it isn't entertaining, just that they can't have a thousand competing hypotheses at the same time.

Yeah, they can 

They cover a huge range of interesting and weird shit throughout human history. The crazy thing is, if any single hypothesis on any single topic happens to be correct, that is a HUGE holy fucking shit moment for mankind. What are they on? Like 10, 12 seasons now? If any single episode covers just one accurate theory, then that is a huge deal. The problem is, finding the proof that is solid enough to convince the entire world. 

Fan of Fanboys - 
angryinch - I'm not saying it isn't entertaining, just that they can't have a thousand competing hypotheses at the same time.

Yeah, they can 

NO!

-Angryinch

"they can't have a thousand competing hypotheses at the same time.'

You should probably stay away from science then.

I'm not saying anything on that show is true but conflicting theories or hypotheses are healthy.

Its a show for retards.

Brockback Mountain - Its a show for retards.

this is the truth

The problem is that it is crap, and 40 years on, people are strill chattering about Von Daniken's BS.

Ancient Astronaut Theorists... say YES!

https://media.giphy.com/media/RluM0kvZXkLS0/giphy.gif

1 Like
Fan of Fanboys -

this is the truth

The truth is out there

All I want is somebody to tell me how how tf they carved/drilled the stones in Puma Punku.  The rest of it is midly entertaining, and all over the place, but puma punku doesn't make sense, imo

consciousness has source it came from somewhere. consciousness creates the physical world not the other way around

It's excellent stoned entertainment with how ridiculous it is