The proper way to record the police...

1. Download the uStream app on your phone and set up your account

2. Place the "Go live now" widget on one of your home screens

3. Pull out your phone and press that button when you have an interaction with the police. The footage is instantly uploaded and archived on your account page, even if your phone is taken/broken.

4. Make someone close to you aware of your uStream channel- Just in case.

I've just read a lot of stories about phones being confiscated "for evidence" after someone has filmed the police. Let them try to get a video pulled from uStream instead. It'll be far too late for them by the time they're able to do anything.

I like this and I'm a cop supporter

I'm not one to record the police but I have often wondered how many times someone's phone was taken as you say and returned without the recording.

Before you hit record call the cop a stupid faggot and say his whore wife loves bbc.

Burt Reynoldz - Before you hit record call the cop a stupid faggot and say his whore wife loves bbc.

And then ask him if he knows how to kill a cop?

Roll a doughnut off a cliff

When getting pulled over give the cop the finger. That'll be the first thing he asks about and reply,

"Officer, a federal circuit court has ruled that it's illegal for you to pull over a driver simply for expressing themselves, regardless of how you feel about it."

He'll say something like, "I pulled you over for speeding."

You say, "Officer, I need to let you know that this conversation is being recorded and you are now on record stating initially the reason for my stop and  now you are fabricating new charges to justify it. Officer, am I free to go?"

"Am I being detained?"

Onikage - 

1. Download the uStream app on your phone and set up your account

2. Place the "Go live now" widget on one of your home screens

3. Pull out your phone and press that button when you have an interaction with the police. The footage is instantly uploaded and archived on your account page, even if your phone is taken/broken.

4. Make someone close to you aware of your uStream channel- Just in case.

I've just read a lot of stories about phones being confiscated "for evidence" after someone has filmed the police. Let them try to get a video pulled from uStream instead. It'll be far too late for them by the time they're able to do anything.

Does this actually record/store it or is it just a live stream?

^Also, can you lock the phone and keep recording?

Not sure about phone locking but it immediately and automatically uploads the video file online Phone Post 3.0

ttt for info

I just installed it.  Thanks, OP, and VTFU.

If you have android you can also set it to automatically upload to Google+ auto backup.  But that is a data hog if you shot a lot of video.
Although I should mention that the cloud backup can be deleted from the phone if it’s not locked.  You can record from the lock screen and it will automatically upload the video.  If your phone ever gets confiscated you can copy the video using a computer before the cops get it unlocked.

Those of you in California might want to be aware that it is a felony to record somebody without their permission if there is a reasonable expectation of privacy. Any any such recording is not admissible in any court or legal proceeding.

In to be the next Rodney king... Phone Post 3.0

pm1964 - Those of you in California might want to be aware that it is a felony to record somebody without their permission if there is a reasonable expectation of privacy. Any any such recording is not admissible in any court or legal proceeding.

Why would a cop on duty have an expectation of privacy?

pm1964 - Those of you in California might want to be aware that it is a felony to record somebody without their permission if there is a reasonable expectation of privacy. Any any such recording is not admissible in any court or legal proceeding.

It has been held in California that police have ZERO expectation of privacy when performing their duties, and that citizens are under no obligation to request permission or inform police of recording interactions.  Ever.

Google ACLU vs. Alvarez, brah.  Don't fall for any of that "It's illegal" bullshit.

. Phone Post 3.0