The Pure of Heart

"Blessed are the pure of heart, for they shall see God."

What does this mean? Seriously, what does this mean?

it means that when your heart/intentions are pure that you are closer to God. That your heart and motivations are not selfish, so you are more clearly able to see/know God. When your selfish ambitions or unclean heart come into the way, you don't see anything but yourself.

I so very rarely feel pure, and admire people who seem pure to me. I feel like a great big bucket of filth. I know my relationship with Jesus cleanses me, but I feel like a brain full of white fuzz so much of the time. D'ya know what I mean?

"I so very rarely feel pure, and admire people who seem pure to me. I feel like a great big bucket of filth. I know my relationship with Jesus cleanses me, but I feel like a brain full of white fuzz so much of the time. D'ya know what I mean?"

I know exactly what you mean.

but admitting it that you are filthy shows that your intentions are more pure that someone who is self righteous and selfish. That person would never think of themselves as being filthy.

By admitting your fault, your showing that your heart is more pure than the one who doesnt care if he is filthy or not.

Josh is corre...err sorry wrong forum...AMEN JOSH

yours in Christ

sherm

Yes, that's true. But don't you ever look at someone and think, "That person is just above all that. He/she doesn't cuss, doesn't look at rotties, doesn't lie, etc." I know you can't know all this from the outside and that no one is without sin, I just... I dunno, sometimes I feel I am too much "of this world" as well as in this world.

""That person is just above all that. He/she doesn't cuss, doesn't look at rotties, doesn't lie, etc.""

***ND gasps in horror!***

You mean looking at rotties is against the rules???? OH, THE HUMANITY!!!!!

Cut yourself a little slack. You're human. Just continue to try to improve. That is all He will ever ask of you.

dude, there is NO ONE above that. Maybe its not hotties for them, maybe its a holier than thou attitude, maybe they drink too much, maybe they don't lie, but maybe they harbor resentment in thier hearts. Everyone falls short. Dont ever think that there is someone above that. Only christ my friend, thats why we need him.

I know, I know. You're right. But have you ever been jealous of someone else's purity, or what you suppose to be their purity?

I re-read the Sermon on the Mount from time to time to keep me humble and in perspective.

dude of course I do...we all do. Nothing we can do about that at all...but Im sure its not all its cracked up to be. Ive had people tell me they look up to me because I believe so much. I tell them "you really should not be looking up to me, Im not an example of good"

I think I need to stay off the OG.

I find myself commiting all kinds of sins:

1) Lookin' at rotties, not in and of itself a sin if I don't lust after them, which I really don't (I don't think I for one can really lust after a picture), but it's grist for the sin mill

2) Getting caught up in the squabbles and bs. Like yesterday with Annabelle's various attention-whoring threads I was, like, refresh-refresh-refresh

3) Most of all is that I get sucked in trying to amuse myself there and it is on the company dollar, which as I see it is thiefing from my employer.

I'm a big fat sinner, yaw. Pray for me!

That's why we should all be glad we have the ultimate life-raft. There is alot of filth to drown in these days. Oh no wait I forgot: There is no filth, everything is just different and subjective.

gotgame,

Your last post has inspired me to be a better person and not view MMA.tv during business hours.

gotgame, I feel ya bro. What I'm realizing is that none of us are w/out our struggles. Shucks! Even Paul struggled and constantly wrestled w/himself. A few of my brothers @ church tell me that their jealous of my "got-it-togetheredness." But those close to me, know of my struggles.

Puzzled the righteous sinner

when your looking in at other people its easy to see thier strengths. Walk a mile in their shoes, listen to thier deepest fears, thier struggles, and you realize how similar we really all are. Even those people who have it all together and look like everything they do is just blessed, they still have thier struggles. Thier struggles are just as much of a problem for them as ours are for us.

My roommate was watching cribs on mtv. They were showing shaq's house. 64,000 sq ft. He was going on and on about how nice it would be to have no problems. How nice it would be if all we had to worry about was personal problems. But It kinda baffled me because I just didn't get understand. Yah hes got a lot of stuff, but does that make his struggle any easier than ours? Nah...just different than ours.

"doesn't look at rotties"

There is a different way of looking at this. When we look at beatiful women we also confirm Gods genious as a creator. We generally enjoy looking at a nice sunset and other beautiful things in nature, so why shouldn´t we also look and admire Gods most beautiful and perfect creation? :-)

btw, nice posts Joshua.