The REAL Antidote to Machida

Still the true p4p King

B.J. Penn Highlight - The Prodigy
Uploaded by hipnotik925. -

Just look at the shot BJ nails Machida with @ 5:36. Who else has hit machida like that? No one

Lyoto Machida of 2009 would DESTROY BJ Penn of 2009. Seriously, it would be worse than the beating GSP gave him.

Hus - Lyoto Machida of 2009 would DESTROY BJ Penn of 2009. Seriously, it would be worse than the beating GSP gave him.

based on what? Machida KOing Rashad?

I think Machida is the best 205er on the planet but BJ has elements to his game that are very unfavorable for machida. Machida does not struggle with bigger powerful guys, BJ would have 10x better chance of beating Machida then Tito. MAchida will struggle with BJ's incredible boxing and will not beable to take BJ down. BJ in shape would not lose to machida, not any day of the week

While BJ gave Machida his toughest fight - which truly goes to show how great Penn is - Penn would probably get smoked against Machida right now. Sorry.

Machida will struggle with BJ's boxing? Really. Really? Really?! Are you sure? If they ever fought again, I would bet my life savings on Machida. All $247,860.42 of it.

knuckleballs - While BJ gave Machida his toughest fight - which truly goes to show how great Penn is - Penn would probably get smoked against Machida right now. Sorry.

why are you saying sorry? I dont blame you for being wrong

Hus - Machida will struggle with BJ's boxing? Really. Really? Really?! Are you sure? If they ever fought again, I would bet my life savings on Machida. All $247,860.42 of it.

calm down buddy we know how you like to go on about ur fantasy money, gf, house cars ect but lets keep this thread serious.

Hus - Machida will struggle with BJ's boxing? Really. Really? Really?! Are you sure? If they ever fought again, I would bet my life savings on Machida. All $247,860.42 of it.

dont do it big mistake

Look, I am a huge BJ Penn fan, I'm one of those nuts who still cries about GSP greasing, I never once thought he would lose the fight against Kenny...but you have to be real, the only advantage BJ would have, would be the submission game, and he had Machida on the ground in their first fight and couldn't do anything. Machida has improved by leaps and bounds since then, and to say BJ would beat him, is just ridiculous. I don't care how big of a BJ fan you are, he would not win. If he beat GSP, I would say yes, but not now, he's just too small, just as he was too small for GSP. BJ belongs at lightweight...he will dominate there for the rest of his career, and go down in history as one of the greatest LW's ever. That's his legacy now, pipe dreams of another Machida fight are just that.

Hus - Look, I am a huge BJ Penn fan, I'm one of those nuts who still cries about GSP greasing, I never once thought he would lose the fight against Kenny...but you have to be real, the only advantage BJ would have, would be the submission game, and he had Machida on the ground in their first fight and couldn't do anything. Machida has improved by leaps and bounds since then, and to say BJ would beat him, is just ridiculous. I don't care how big of a BJ fan you are, he would not win. If he beat GSP, I would say yes, but not now, he's just too small, just as he was too small for GSP. BJ belongs at lightweight...he will dominate there for the rest of his career, and go down in history as one of the greatest LW's ever. That's his legacy now, pipe dreams of another Machida fight are just that.

this has nothing to do with being a bj penn fan and everything to do with the way mma matchups work. Comparing BJ vs GSP II to a rematch with Machida shows how little you know about mma and the differences matchups make. U just assume because a beat b that there is no way b can beat c and this is what all "mma fans" think wen theyve been watching the sport for less then a year. Let me know wat u think of this matchup after uve been watching for a year

If anderson vacates his belt i think gsp and bj should do the same and move up. 170 has nothing for gsp and 55 has nothing for bj. then we could get to see 4 man tourneys in all 3 weight classes. i think anderson is just wanting super fights to finish his contract and doesnt want the belt to force him to stay.

@ TrollSmasher: That's some copout bullshit right there. You have no real retort, so because you see my join date as 2009, you think I'm some sort of noob, and flame me about it because you are too dumb to actually think of something better to say. If styles make fights, than BJ has EVEN LESS of a chance.

A good boxer with OK takedowns vs. A superior striker with the best defense in MMA.

Who wins? The same person who won the first time. Dick.

Hus - @ TrollSmasher: That's some copout bullshit right there. You have no real retort, so because you see my join date as 2009, you think I'm some sort of noob, and flame me about it because you are too dumb to actually think of something better to say. If styles make fights, than BJ has EVEN LESS of a chance.

A good boxer with OK takedowns vs. A superior striker with the best defense in MMA.

Who wins? The same person who won the first time. Dick.

u sounds upset. calm down its just a debate and you're losing

hugojkd -  http://www.sd68.k12.il.us/schools/orchard/LMC/Book%20Covers/that%20was%20then%20this%20is%20now.jpg

excellent point Hugo, Machida would not beable to sqeak out a decision these days