the real life Hitch/Will Smith

For a man fuelled by controversy, the self-proclaimed “pickup artist” known as Roosh V doesn’t like talking to the media — “I’m a bit squeezed for time,” he said Tuesday, politely rebuffing requests for comment on public condemnation that his speaking engagements in Canada aroused.

“I have my own media channels. It’s not worth my time to talk to reporters,” he said in an email to the National Post. To a Toronto radio station he was more dismissive: “Bell Media can go to hell.”

Daryush Valizadeh, who goes by the name Roosh V and writes about convincing women to have sex, says he gave his lecture in Montreal to a group of 34 in a secret location, travelling in disguise, before he was spotted and chased out of a restaurant and down the street by a small, angry mob on Saturday.

In anticipation of his scheduled appearance in Toronto on Saturday, Toronto mayor John Tory denounced him and his views as a form of hate speech. “While free speech is the law in this country, promoting violence against women is wrong,” Tory tweeted. “I am calling on those hosting this tour to do the right thing — cancel this show.”

Toronto and Montreal were the two Canadian dates on a tour his website says also includes Berlin, London, Washington D.C., and New York City.

In the face of it all, the American blogger appears unbowed, lampooning his detractors in social media for being ineffective and hysterical.

In public relations, if not his social life, offence seems his best defence: He filed a police complaint against a woman he accuses of dumping a beer over his head and released photos and personal details on her.

He mocked and seemed to revel in his critics’ attacks, often sending links to articles to his followers.

After a petition to keep him out of Canada failed, he announced on Twitter: “40,000+ Canadians couldn’t stop a lecture attended by only 34 men, even with media & govt help. Stunning humiliation.”

‘It’s not worth my time to talk to reporters’

His critics attack his comments about women; one blog posting in February is often cited. Entitled “How To Stop Rape” his solution is: “If done in a dwelling or on private property, any and all rape that happens should be completely legal.”

“If rape becomes legal under my proposal, a girl will protect her body in the same manner that she protects her purse and smartphone.”

It is all part of his promotion as a guru, espousing a doctrine he calls Neomasculinity. His pickup strategy is a pursuit he calls “the game.” His first book, Bang, is self-described as “powerful techniques, moves and lines that make it easier for average guys to get laid.”

His lecture tour promises a 40-minute speech called the “The State of Man” as part of a four-hour event.

One man, claiming to have attended the Montreal event, said he and some of the other men also socialized in bars with Valizadeh and got first-hand input on their attempts to get women to have sex with them.

Valizadeh says his books are based on “six years of full-time study in the game.” His biography on his websites says he graduated from the University of Maryland with a degree in microbiology.

He says he quit his job as an industrial microbiologist to live the life of the game and, apparently, profit from sharing his tales.

It is unclear why Valizadeh chose Toronto as one of his two Canadian dates. In a 2013 blog post, he lists 15 reasons why Toronto is “the worst city in North America for men.”

Among them, he says, is that Toronto women prefer food to sex and have egos that outstrip their attractiveness.

superlurker2011 - So what does this turd look like? Phone Post 3.0

looks like he could be a member of ISIS.

no joke