The real reason it's Mosley and not Marquez

From maxboxing.com:

"When asked what Marquez and his camp requested, Arum told Maxboxing, "They asked for a combination that would bring them over $8 million," which was structured to be a $5 million guarantee with a pay-per-view upside. Arum added, "As against a $3.2 million guarantee and a dollar upside over a million homes.""

Mosely was cheaper. Manny's got a a loyal PPV audience that will buy Pacquaio vs Anyone. And, since Shane left Golden Boy, Bob Arum doesn't have to split profits with anyone. A lower purse guarantee and being the lone promoter = more money for Bob Arum.

I love watching Manny fight, hell I love watching all fights, but I wont buy this on PPV. I'll wait for the replay on HBO. I wouldn't begrudge Manny taking an easier fight and if they show it on HBO, I really wont bitch about it but I wont support Bob Arum penny pinching at my PPV expense.

Hardy - Don't give a fuck. Boxing is stupid and this fight proves it.

moron.

or 12 year old.

The answer is...because Mosley will be beaten into retirement just like Manny did to Delahoya and Hatton.

Truthfully, I expect Manny to win by corner or ref stoppage but... Mosely will be dangerous for Manny for a few rounds. Yes, he looked bad against Mora and Mayweather but those are two counterpunchers.

Manny's warrior insticts and aggressive nature means Shane wont have to use his legs as much. He has legitimate one punch power at 147lbs. If he catches Manny clean on one of his offensive spurts, it could be lights out.

The odds are Manny picks him apart with his speed but his style means there will be openings that the much more defensive Mora and Mayweather did not present to him.

10ers gunna 10

I think Mosley will be aggressive and game for the first 2-3 rounds like with Mayweather, then start to fizzle as the fight continues and Pacman pours it on and picks him apart using his speed. I wasn't too impressed with Marquez' last fight with Manny but he's looked pretty stellar since and he has a better chance against Pacquiao than Shane will.

I'll probably end up watching the fight. Pacman will go down as a legend, Mayweather or no Mayweather, and I wanna cherish watching Manny in action and at his best before he retires someday.

RedVexx - In addition to him already beating Marquez and Mosley is the bigger name... Plus it will look better when Pac beats Mosley worse than Mayweather did.
very wrong. marquez is huge compared to shane. shane has never sold tickets or pay per views

West Coast Nancy - Manny ducking the best fighter and taking easy paychecks just like Floyd
Floyd doesn't even fight the easy paychecks anymore right?  I mean he didn't get paid for his last beatdown did he?  Floyd is not relevant any longer.

Manny loves Floyds table scraps.

crazydave - Manny loves Floyds table scraps.

Who?Like Cotto?Clottey?Margarito?

Fat chance of Floyd ever stepping up against guys like that.

Berto is the fight Manny should have taken. Young, fast, and with good power.

GodSaveTheQueen - 
voorhees - 

moron.

or 12 year old.

With all due respect, don't be such a deutsche. The reality of the situation is that until Pac and PBF work out a deal, any fight they make will be stupid...<br type="_moz" />

Dont blame this on "boxing"blame it on Floyd.

Its Mannys prerogative as a fighting champ to keep taking on all comers.Boxing isnt "stupid" how is Manny saying fuck Floyd and accepting another dangerous fight stupid?

Is MMA "stupid"cuz we still havent seen GSP vs. Anderson?Or Fedor vs.Brock?Or Rickson vs.Sakuraba?(back when we still wanted the last 2 fights)

No.No Manny fight is stupid,and neither is boxing.Enjoy Mannys brilliance while you can guys.

IMO there has been an outcry for Anderson/GSP longer than there has for Floyd/Manny.

Think about it.

Since around the time Anderson clowned Forrest and GSP tortured Fitch,has there been any doubt as to who those two guys should be facing?

My question to boxing fans has always been why pay $65 to watch live on ppv when u can wait a week and get it free in hd from hbo? Phone Post

So you're saying that Bob Arum is in it for the money?

RedVexx - Actually you're wrong...

Shane has been selling tickets in big fights for over the last decade and sold more PPV's than Marquez did...

Shane Mosley vs. Sergio Mora was on PPV. How many buys did that one do?

BispingPoppedMyCheery - Do you really want to put together JMM's PPV's vs Mosley's? If you actually think JMM is a bigger PPV draw the Mosley then I have an iceberg to sell you in Libya. 

Sure, if you go all the way back to Mosley's glory years. But if you only include PPVs from the last 5 years or so I'm pretty confident that JMM is the bigger draw at the moment.

RedVexx - 
pharochuck - 
RedVexx - In addition to him already beating Marquez and Mosley is the bigger name... Plus it will look better when Pac beats Mosley worse than Mayweather did.
very wrong. marquez is huge compared to shane. shane has never sold tickets or pay per views

Actually you're wrong...

Shane has been selling tickets in big fights for over the last decade and sold more PPV's than Marquez did...

Veteran boxing scribe Kevin Iole of Yahoo Sports was advised that last Saturday's HBO pay-per-view featuring Floyd Mayweather Jr. vs. Shane Mosley generated an early buyrate figure of around 1.2 million, which is higher than the 1 million buys generated by Mayweather's pay-per-view with Juan Manuel Marquez last September.

source:

http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&amp;id=27474

key word in everything you wrote was mayweather. mosely has never been a draw. not even after he beat oscar or never. against vargas, maragarito, mayweather. he has always been the other guy. does he have top flight talent? yes. does he have name recognition as a credible opponent? yes. has he ever been a big draw? no

pharochuck - 

key word in everything you wrote was mayweather. mosely has never been a draw. not even after he beat oscar or never. against vargas, maragarito, mayweather. he has always been the other guy. does he have top flight talent? yes. does he have name recognition as a credible opponent? yes. has he ever been a big draw? no

The comparison between how much JMM and Mosely drew with Floyd may be relevant since they would be matched with another big name in Pacquiao and wouldn't have to be the main attraction. However, just out of curiousity, does anybody have stats on what JMM and Mosley draw when not matched with a big name like Floyd? 

voorhees - 

moron.

or 12 year old.

no, he's not. I love boxing but hes right in implying that the way boxing makes their fights and structures their sport is 100% retarded. It's a complete fucking no brainer to have pac vs marquez III.

Mosely is gonna get crushed.