The real reason it's Mosley and not Marquez

I buy every Manny card but I won't support this sham any longer. Arum and company are a joke and are currently doing a disservice to the sport. Phone Post

Mosley is also a helluva lot more willing. Apparently he got his clock cleaned in his divorce.

Schaeffer really priced out Marquez on this one which leads me to believe he didn't want to put this fight together as much as he lead to believe.   Don't be suprised if JMM's next fight is against another GB fighter.  Both camps just doing the same thing to make money.    Sucks.

Mosley is really bitter with how the divorce went down. But I don't think JMM was priced out. They offered a reasonable fee... Manny just doesnt want to fight him. Phone Post

lol

5 mill plus 5 bucks per ppv buy was a sure fire way to get the fight rejected which is probably all they wanted at this point.   JMM barely packed 2k in the house in his last fight and barely 5k in the house against Diaz.   Mosely aint what he was but he sure as hell is a better draw than that.

Mosley will be getting something like $7 million dollars from this fight. LOL @ Marquez "pricing himself out."

Arum just wants low risk, high reward fights for Manny.

"Manny's handlers wouldn't allow Pac/Marquez III to happen if it was a 99/1 split for Pac." - I've posted links and quotes on other threads of Freddie Roach saying he wanted Marquez next because he wanted to "shut him up".

<br /><br />"Arum just wants low risk, high reward fights for Manny. <br />You have ignored this user." - I think it's more about keeping the most control possible. Mosely being a free agent means Arum has the rights on the winner of the bout, regardless of the outcome. Either way, he makes money off the winner in their next bout.

<br /><br />I would rather see Manny vs Marquez too but it's not fair to blame Pacquiao for this because as much as Marquez believes he won both fights against Manny... I guarantee you that Manny believes just as strongly that he won both of them. That mentality is what makes them fighters lol.

<br /><br />Manny's had a tough run of opponents lately. Even Margarito was dangerous because of the size differential if nothing else. I dont really have an issue with him taking Mosely on. He's earned an "easier" bout. I do resent the fact that they'll try to sell it as anything other than a tune up or a stay busy bout. If this was going to be shown live on HBO, I would be cool with that but we all know that this will be a PPV event... and it's not a PPV caliber bout. <br />

Sorry for the wierd appearance of my last post. Proof reading it, I noticed that I forgot to put "in other threads" into there and when I added it in, it changed everything.

What catchweight will it be at and which made-up belt are they fighting for?

Front, I understand the command structure. The point I was (poorly) trying to make, was that I dont believe anyone in the Pacquaio camp who matters fightwise (Manny or Freddie) believes Marquez can beat him. I understand and share the frustration about this match but it's not fair to accuse Manny of fearing Marquez. Neither he nor Marquez are cowards in any sense of the word.

chadk - Front, I understand the command structure. The point I was (poorly) trying to make, was that I dont believe anyone in the Pacquaio camp who matters fightwise (Manny or Freddie) believes Marquez can beat him. I understand and share the frustration about this match but it's not fair to accuse Manny of fearing Marquez. Neither he nor Marquez are cowards in any sense of the word.

I don't think they fear Marquez, however they understand the danger of fighting really the only guy who can say he can stand his ground with Manny. You can make a fair argument that JMM won both of those fights.

However, us as boxing fans should Boycott these BS matchups. Nothing would speak louder than a 250K buyrate.