The REASON Kalib STARNES QUIT

To make it in the UFC, fighters have to possess great skill and a warrior's mindset. Starnes may have the former, but he does not have the latter. When he gets injured, he does not soldier on; he gives up.

On TUF, Starnes injured his ribs in his fight with Kendall Grove. Starnes' corner men pleaded with him to go out for the third round, but Starnes insisted he could not continue. They threw in the towel.

Starnes let loose with a profanity-laced tirade about how he had not really quit. He had to watch Ken Shamrock tell millions of viewers on national TV that he, in fact, had. Probably Starnes decided then that he would never retire on his stool again.

But his mindset was still the same. When he injured his foot against Quarry, Starnes wanted out. But while he did not want to quit in his corner, he did not want to get knocked unconscious, either. Hence, he ran.

"Note to fighters if you get injured just stand there and get KTFO for the enjoyment of the "fans"."

Didn't Rich Franklin break his hand AND foot pretty early in his fight with The Crow?. I seem to remember his post-injury adjustments being slightly different (for 5 rounds) than Starnes'. Could name a few others as well.

Congenital insensitivity to pain with anhidrosis (CIPA) is a very rare inherited disorder of the nervous system which prevents the nociception, heat, and cold. A person with CIPA cannot feel pain or differentiate extreme temperatures. Kalib has the opposite of this. Dude is like the outbreak monkey of this mystery condition. Medical science is dropping the ball.

Please, if his foot was so fucked how the hell did he run around?

He should just Man the fuck up, tell it like it is... He lost his mind or his warrior spirit in the cage for 'x' amount of time. I'd have far more respect for him if he admitted to a brain explosion or something of the like.

He claimed he broke it with the first kick he threw. Theat kick missed by a mile.

If you broke your foot wouln't you run less not more ??????

one thing I have learned about Kalib is that he us a fucking liar

one thing I have learned about Kalib is that he us a fucking liar

Dead Again - "I don't know if you have broken anything before but sometimes breaks feel like really really bad bruises. "

Lol.

Kalib ran like a coward because he thought his foot was badly bruised. LMAO!!

"But the last time he said he had one (the broken rib) he was telling the truth."

That's weird, because his rib wasn't broken. It was seperated. Maybe you can post the pic of the medical report you saw?

To be fair a separated rib hurts like a mutherfugga. When I did mine I could barely breath for the first 20 mins

I broke my hand in MIDDLE SCHOOL playing basketball and finished out the game.

If a fucking little kid playing a game for fun can tough out an injury, a fighter, of ANY level, should at least be able to do the same for thousands of dollars and his own personal pride. If not, get the fuck out of the fight game.

I pulled my taint holing a whore and I still finished!  Kalib should just retire!

It would have looked more like a protest if Kalib just walked right out in the center of the octagon and laid flat on his back with one arm in the air and let Quarry just armbar him.

I would've rather seen that than watch him run for 3 rounds.

Wonder if the leg injury had to anything to do with the 30 leg kicks he received? And the foot... how bad could it be for someone nick named the "running man" after the fight.

" "Note to fighters if you get injured just stand there and get KTFO for the enjoyment of the "fans".""

Or have the corner throw in the towel. You say "oh no, then everyone would say he's a quitter" -- so what? He showed he's a quitter anyway, only he did it in a way that had 20,000 people booing him for 15 minutes and made everyone watching at home pissed off. What's the plus side of the way he did it? It was still a guaranteed loss, it still made everyone think he had no heart (less), it enraged everyone, and running around like that can't have been good for his injured leg and broken foot.

I think Kalib tore his labia sometime during the first round. That combined with the sand already stuck deep in his mangina caused the problem.

[quote]orcus -

" "Note to fighters if you get injured just stand there and get KTFO for the enjoyment of the "fans".""

Or have the corner throw in the towel. You say "oh no, then everyone would say he's a quitter" -- so what? He showed he's a quitter anyway, only he did it in a way that had 20,000 people booing him for 15 minutes and made everyone watching at home pissed off. What's the plus side of the way he did it? It was still a guaranteed loss, it still made everyone think he had no heart (less), it enraged everyone, and running around like that can't have been good for his injured leg and broken foot.

[/quote]

I agree.

Sure you cannot get knocked out by running away, but you also cannot WIN either. As a fan I don't want to see anyone get hurt, but what I do want to see is two fighters both trying to win the damn fight. If you are not going to try and win then just throw in the towel so we can watch the next fight.

Can't we just pretend we never saw him and he never existed?

No more mentioning Kalib by name, from now on he will have to be known as something else, perhaps "Feet don't fail me now man."

Everything Kalib has done smacks of damage control.
His excuses sould like alot of Bullshit to me.

IF he wanted to make a statement, or protest, there are probably better ways of doing it than alienating yourself from 21,000 fans live and the millions of ppv buyers.

The only person he hurt was himself.

Either hes an idiot, or a coward...you pick.