The Revenant...movie

Watched this movie earlier and it was pretty good.. It's based on true events but I'm very skeptical as to half the things that happened in the movie actually going down in real life..how accurate is the movie compared to the book?

Btw why did Dicaprios character start a small fire onto to grab flame and put it to his neck? Was that to cauterize the wound?

1 Like

Just saw a story about Hugh Glass on Beyond the Unknown tonight. Seemed like the movie embellished a lot, but it was an amazing story anyway. 

He was mauled by the bear and left for dead with nothing. Traveled 200 miles and for two months. He even got maggots to eat at his wounds to get the infection out. Pretty hardcore.

bearstare's a gay rapo.. just sayin

Yeah, he sounds hardcore for sure.

https://images.app.goo.gl/pu272H7g22ovwnQAA

The big embellishment is the murdered son and the general malignancy and evil of the Tom Hardy character. The part about crawling 200 miles and recovering along the way is basically fact as far as anyone who knew about it ever claimed. He really was left for dead and showed up months later and hundreds of miles away. He seems mostly to have been interested in getting his rifle back though.  Larry McMurtry has Hugh Glass as a character and includes the the incident in one of the novels he wrote about the fictional English aristocrats out on the frontier

2 Likes

Good flick. Not great, but definitely good.

This the one where Hardy gets scalped at the end?

I just remember him always going in the water when it was like 20 degrees out for random reasons.  I actually didn’t like the movie.

ScreenName22 -

I streamed the fuck out of Dicaprio's movie when it came out in theaters. Fuck that guy and his fake Climate bullshit

Strange post

Good movie but after two hours I was over it and ready for it to finish.

Movie is overrated. Prob Leos worst film since The Beach. Hardy is great tho as villain.

Wayne Glamcock - 

bearstare's a gay rapo.. just sayin

Why I oughtta so hard right now.

I saw it in IMAX on a whim on a half off day. Outside of the theater I can see the film being pretty underwhelming as the story is relatively weak and far fetched. The scenery and sets were amazing and immersive on that scale. Like you felt cold wet and uncomfortable lol. 

"artistic license" is hollywood code word for lying to boost tkt sales.  Such bullshit.

Hugh Glass didn't even have a son.  All sorts of other artistic lies in the movie also.

Several books on Hugh, best one IMO is "Lord Grizzly".  Fucking dude was tough as nails, refused to die, really did crawl 200mi back to civilization. 

When Jim Bridger (kid who left him for dead) saw him the next year, he turned white like he was looking at a ghost.  Cool story.

MarcusAurelioFan -

Movie is overrated. Prob Leos worst film since The Beach. Hardy is great tho as villain.

Hardy steals the show,  his Performance is much better then Leo grunting the entire film.

topteam71 - 
MarcusAurelioFan -

Hardy steals the show,  his Performance is much better then Leo grunting the entire film.

Yeah, the wrong guy got the Oscar as far as I am concerned

The book was really good IMO. I didn't care for the Hollywood changes they made. didn't think they were necessary. The story was good as is

I thought the movie was great. 

The book was pretty good. Hugh Glass was a tough SOB. He was eventually killed by Indians later in life but that guy survived A LOT of shit.