the ROCK champ again?

just wondering with all his success with hollywood, i don't think he'll have time to return to wwe as a full time wrestler again. thus he'll never will be champ again.

discuss...

opie

I can see him being WWE champ again if his movie career fails or takes a blip. Won't happen in the near future though.

I heard his last movie didn't do so well and if that keeps up no more leading man roles.

you can never say never in this business, I bet if they need him to be champ again in a few years it'll happen

his movie opened up number one, thats the third rock movie in a row to do so...i think his career is going along just fine

Which movie? Rundown? Is it on DVD yet? Walking Tall looks pretty decent.

"If he does I hope he comes back to RAW. HHH will have no choice but to lay down for the Rock."

Yes,that put a smile upon this man's face.

:)

Rundown grossed about 55 million domestic. While not a "blockbuster", it did good numbers in profit, considering that it starred a bunch of lower cost actors (I mean, Christopher Walken fucking rocks, but he's not getting the paychecks of Tom Cruise, ya know. And let's not even talk about Rosario Dawson and Stifler). Also, it was released during a "down" period in the movie year cycle, in between the Christmas rush and the summer blockbusters. And, it did hold the number one slot for two weeks, before losing it to, I believe, Pirates of the Carribean.

Rock is following the cycle Arnold did. His first couple of movies, while good (the original Terminator is a classic, man), didn't gross highly (if I remember right, T1 only grossed about 25 million in theaters). He's establishing his rep, and waiting for the right movie to launch him to superstardom. Some actors have it come quickly (Vin Diesel in Fast and Furious comes to mind), but they usually fade away. The Rock isn't going to do anything stupid like that, but when the time is right, he'll boost himself easily into the 10-15 million a movie range.

yesss. the rock shall layeth the smacketh down on hhh. hate that guy.

opie

why HGH?

as in the name? Human Growth Hormone

"The Rock isn't going to do anything stupid like that, but when the time is right, he'll boost himself easily into the 10-15 million a movie range."

Just heard Rock made 15 Million for Walking tall.

I love how they changed his name from Buford Pusser to Chris Vaughan for Walking Tall.  Rocky doesn't strike anyone as a Buford?

Buford Maivia

He shall layeth the smacketh down, y'all.

Rock and Sock connection is what I wanna see. Let "THEM" take the tag team belts. Two great opposite personalities.