The Rory effect on Tony?

Rory Macdonald was never the same after the brutal beating and damage he took from Lawler. I have a feeling we may see the same thing with Tony. That was a career changing fight. 

1 Like

I was thinking the same thing, no way Tony doesn’t have brain damage. I hope he returns with a vengeance but thats a rough loss.

The ending was also similar to the McDonald Lawler fight, Tony wanted to keep fighting but he just took so many big shots and his body was shutting down. That jab wasn’t the hardest shot in the fight but the damage accumulation/ location of the punch just was too much to take at the end of a prolonged beating.

1 Like

No  what changed with Rory was mental.

I wondered the same thing.

Another one is Ortega, who still hasn’t fought since the Holloway beatdown.

That beatdoen at his age has to be career changing, it’s not like he’s got time to take a year off to fully recover and work on the holes from last night 

Did Rory get worse? He beat Douglas lima for the Bellator title. The same Doug that kod mvp

WuTangDan -

Did Rory get worse? He beat Douglas lima for the Bellator title. The same Doug that kod mvp

He got beat into a living death by Wonderboy afterward, and while he did beat Paul Daly and Lima, he got crushed by Moose, has issues with a very old Fitch, the same Fitch that got beaten up by GSP a decade earlier, lost to Lima in rematch, came out saying he doesn't like to hurt people etc 

his drop off isn't as bad as others, but he's certainly not as sharp. He was just good enough that a decline for him still puts him above most fighters 

Some great fights, the guys are never the same after. I've seen it, from pretty close even. I would not be surprised if that happened here. I wicked hope i'm wrong of course.