The Samurai psyche of Rashad Evans

The Samurai psyche of Rashad Evans - 11/8/2007
by Roberto Cepeda

http://www.insidefighting.com/betweenRoundsDisp.aspx?uid=4062

www.InsideFighting.com

"It’s one of the worst nightmares a professional athlete can have. A huge opportunity, a worldwide stage and the tools to get the job done but on account of not performing to the very best of their ability, they fall a bit short and can’t be sure of what could have been.

That’s where UFC light heavyweight Rashad Evans found himself last July after battling to a draw with former champion Tito Ortiz."

www.InsideFighting.com

TTT

Excellent

Thanks for reading and the good word, MK!

Rashad "Ghostdog" Evans

"idiot reporter jinx" I've been there!

TTT BroCop !

When I think of "Samurai" I immediately think of Rashad Evans.

"Takedown", "mindset", and "rematch" are all one word, with no hyphen or space between them.

I'm still available for that editing job.  Other than that, nice article.

LOL at Ghostdog!

"When I think of "Samurai" I immediately think of Rashad Evans. "

The point, of course, is to learn something new about him. I didn't previously know that there was a driving philosophy he tried to adhere to in his life and career. And the fac that you wouldn't for some reason automatically think of him as a "Samurai", makes it more interesting that he tries to live by a Samurai related creed, in my opinion.

ttt so I can read later

Elias,

Since you never respond or acknowledge when I point out mistakes in your articles (even though I state I'm a fan of your work), does that mean you're offended?

SP, no man.  I'm working on a million different things at once and I try to come back to the threads every once in a while. I'm sure I have not personally acknowledged everybody that posts on every thread. You're the only one that has come back asking why in their case. Does that mean you are offended?

What type of responses are you expecting? Sometimes I get letters from people pointing out  different things. If there's something you want to point out and you want to make sure I see it, e-mailing me would probably be a better way of doing it. Editor@insidefighting.com

Thanks Quiq and MB!

What type of responses are you expecting?

Mostly this one:

"Sandy, since you have identified 3 simple errors in my last 3 pieces, you obviously have a keen eye for detail and are an unpolished diamond on the world of writing.  I will ask my editor why neither of us are catching these basic errors, and if I'm unsatisfied with his response I will be forced to pay you large sums of money to help me avoid looking unprofessional."

For starters....

lol. Well I'm very glad then to have a proper understanding of your expectations. I'll get right on it.

Speaking of looking "unprofessional",  collectively speaking, this is about the most interesting letter of inquiry I've yet to receive from someone looking for a job.

ttt for sandy panties getting a job. Nice read Elias, thanks.

Although due to recent "health and mobility" issues I am considering pursuing a writing career, please do not take anything I say seriously.   That was far from an inquiry on a job.

Unless of course my fluent speak clearly overrides my abrasive nature... and, in that case:  have I mentioned you have great hair?