The Samurai psyche of Rashad Evans

No you had not. I was wondering what was taking so long.

Glad you enjoyed it Sultan. Roberto did a good job with that interview of Evans, I felt.

Thanks Eddie, sorry I missed your comment earlier.  I'll look forward to the next article, Elias.

Elias-

I'm just joking with you buddy. To be perfectly honest, I thought the quote was fantastic and this was honestly one of the better written MMA articles that I have read in a while. I like getting insight into what drives a fighter, what they use for motivation and the like. I think Roberto is the most interesting writer on your staff actually.

The idea of "chosing death" is at first a morbid philosophy, but only if you take the word "death" literally. I don't enjoy stand up sparring much, I hate getting hit. When I force myself to kickbox rather than grapple, it certainly feels like I am chosing death! From that perspective, I can appreciate Rashad's quote.

Nice article Elias! Thanks for posting it.

"Unless of course my fluent speak clearly overrides my abrasive nature"

Ahem...

speech

LOL

=)

"Thanks Eddie"

Anytime brudda man.

"Glad you enjoyed it Sultan. Roberto did a good job with that interview of Evans, I felt."

Agreed. It flowed and it was cool to read.

Yves, of course you were joking, but when you're always joking once in a while it's nice to have someone respond to your words for those not aware of your silliness.

I really like the analogy you made with your sparring experience to what Evans is talking about. Far be it from me to be sure but it would seem to me that you really "got" what he was talking about.

See why I responded like that? To get you to come out with that second post. People on the UG should be able to benefit from your serious comments, they're pretty much always good stuff! :-)

The Rashad Dance is actually described in detail in Musashi's Book of Five Rings.

TTT for Yamato Evans

That's actually a nice & succinct interview. I think Rashad's come a long way and the best is yet to come.

TH

"The Rashad Dance is actually described in detail in Musashi's Book of Five Rings." lol.

Thanks for reading, glad you enjoyed the piece.

"Elias, what did you think of Frye's reaction to the article you wrote about his fight with Thompson?"

I just listened to that on your mentioning it for the first time now. It doesn't sound like Frye was responding to the article at all. He didn't seem to be aware of it prior, nothing from the article was quoted to him to attempt to give him an understanding of what it said.

Folks can read the article for themselves that haven't already:

Pride 34 Report pt. 2: A warrior's courage abused - 4/8/2007

http://www.insidefighting.com/betweenRoundsDisp.aspx?uid=3528

Other than that, the only thing I have to say about Don Frye is that I respect his fighting career and that he's a warrior.

I think he's gonna walk through Bisping.

Good eye Eddie, however I'm at a bit of a disadvantage as my EDIT button usually does not appear, rendering me unable to correct my childish rants.  I'm pretty sure Kirik did that on purpose, as it serves well to balance out all the bitching I do about spelling and grammar.

And, for alabaster- I pimped out my wabble scooter:

Thanks Mat!

ttt

TTThank you kind sir.

keep up the good stuff elias , but pity you're a BHop fan ;)

TTT for Rashad.

Great guy and hell of a fighter.