The Sandman (2022) Netflix Series

Rose Walker and Unity Kincaid, white people names lol. They’re taking everyone opportunity. If not for keeping tight to Gaimen’s work I’d be out 100% if they deviated in anyway. With that it’s cool to see his story put to film…

1 Like

The girl that played Death was great, just not a role meant for her.
Will be interesting to see who plays Delirium and I wonder if she will be in this season, assuming there will be more. I’m on E8 right now.

Oh and Desire is a tran and I will roll eyes if there is one more white woman black dude relationship.

3 Likes

Why did they make the character of “Death” a black?

Is everyone in this show queer?

4 Likes

What? No cigarettes? No kendo stick?

Come on, man!

1 Like

Tapped out episode 5

3 Likes

Well finished. E8 to E10 they went off on their own liberties and not for the better.
I would have given a 7/10 with possible rewatch down the road but after the last 3 epiosdes not a chance. 5/10 A Doll’s House was handled terribly.

Only saving grace was The Corinthian was a great cast, practically ripped out of the pages.
Morpheus apparently has no power against women poc lmao

TOO much diversity changes for something that was near and dear to me growing up.

Muslim Cain and Abel, everyone is gay, only interracial relationships, a demographic that I was not when growing up and I would not have bought the books.

2 Likes

true which is why i’m giving it a go. but if you are thinking about it, the story arc takes place in england instead of africa and in the illustrated comics, she was white for these stories. but at least they could have made her hot.

I’m four eps in and I don’t hate it, too many black people in the early part of the timeline to be realistic, gender swapping Lucifer isn’t a big thing as angels are supposed to be androgynous.

Oh, and even though I’m not there yet, I wouldn’t have done death as a black woman, but mostly because Supernatural already did it.

1 Like

I’m on episode 6. I’m hooked.

3 Likes

Just watched episode 6.
Surprised they combined Deaths first appearance and Hobbs story into one episode.
Hobbs’ is probably my favourite stand alone story in the series and I thought they did it well.

3 Likes

I thought I was too. I think I did 7 eps in a day and a half. Maybe you’ll still get enjoyment from the rest…

1 Like

Was the original Sandman comics super homosex?

1 Like

It was there but not as bad. The tv series elaborated a lot more on it.

1 Like

Somebody explain the diner episode to me. The message is that if you don’t lie, you will become gay and then kill yourself?

But if you have hope and faith you will not be gay and survive?

2 Likes

The sandman was sexually ambiguous before it was cool.
I hated the comic. Self indulgent pseudo intellectual post modern garbage.
But the sandman in “sandman mystery theater” was great.

only 2 episodes in and it is pretty good. visually it is fantastic. ill finish it.

Just saw first episode and they already bring the gay stuff. Not gonna bother watching the rest.

I haven’t watched it yet, but the trailer they show when you hover over the thumbnail on the netflix menu looks like a complete turd. It looks, from that trailer, that this is a show for little children.

I will watch it, but I’ll be hoping that it’s nothing like that little trailer they showed. If the entire thing is like that, I’ll bail early.

1 Like

Shoving gay shit on little children is par for the course these days.