The Sean Gannon Interview part 3 #JusticeForGannon

Ttt Phone Post 3.0

Gannon should be working on a book about all this shit.

groundfighter2000 - Gannon should be working on a book about all this shit.

Absolutely should. Sit down one of the newspaper writers from the Herald or the Globe. My grandpa was chief of detectives and captain of the Somerville police  a good size city next to Boston (a great article of him being tired of Police protecting whitey. Hers an article of my grandpa having enough and  literally threatening  whitey is here.http://www.thesomervilletimes.com/archives/16623  So few old school, do it right cops left. 

#justiceforgannon 

BostonCharm - 

Absolutely should. Sit down one of the newspaper writers from the Herald or the Globe. My grandpa was chief of detectives and captain of the Somerville police  a good size city next to Boston (a great article of him being tired of Police protecting whitey. Hers an article of my grandpa having enough and  literally threatening  whitey is here.http://www.thesomervilletimes.com/archives/16623  So few old school, do it right cops left. 

#justiceforgannon 

Your dad was a Black Lives Matters activist that hated white people?

Just messing with you. For out of towners (and people that believe in proper capitalization) he's talking about Whitey Bulger, leader of the Winter Hill Gang in Somerville.

Would be an interesting movie...

GladiatorGannon -
BostonCharm - 

#justiceforgannon 

Just messing with you. For out of towners (and people that believe in proper capitalization) he's talking about Whitey Bulger, leader of the Winter Hill Gang in Somerville.

Thank you for being so honest. In these days of police / civilian confrontations its fresh to hear someone on one side be completely honest. If more people came out and spoke up we'd have better policing and better communities. They need to let you do your job!

That Conley case is nuts.

My only worthless critique for this series is to stop mentioning MENSA :)

Everything else is awesome. Really sucks what they are doing and how shitty the department sounds. Not surprising unfortunately. I remember when you said they were encouraging folks to arrest citizens for recording cops even when it was clear the statute would never fit and there were first amendment issues even if it had been written that way. Phone Post 3.0

Sorry that last part is my interpretation from that time. Don't mean to put words in your mouth. Just remember discussing it with you. Phone Post 3.0

Fake Pie - Sorry that last part is my interpretation from that time. Don't mean to put words in your mouth. Just remember discussing it with you. Phone Post 3.0

It was actually a topic of debate at the station house. We were given a training video saying to keep arresting for it under these circumstances, and some of the older guys looking at the law and saying "You'll be sued".

GladiatorGannon -
Fake Pie - Sorry that last part is my interpretation from that time. Don't mean to put words in your mouth. Just remember discussing it with you. Phone Post 3.0

It was actually a topic of debate at the station house. We were given a training video saying to keep arresting for it under these circumstances, and some of the older guys looking at the law and saying "You'll be sued".
Yeah I remember telling you that you guys were going to lose in court on that and I think you said or relayed that other people said well our lawyers think we are doing the right thing and have a good argument. Those are probably the same lawyers fucking you right now. Shows how honest they can be. Phone Post 3.0

Sean, reading that story (and I've only read part 3, would like to read the other 2 parts if I can locate them) the impression I get is there is a ton of dirty cops and corruption in the prosecutors office, judges, prison, etc. What is it about working alongside people like that is tolerable, let alone appealing? I've always thought you're one of the good guys. Your point of views here points to that. Would you clarify, do you still want to be a cop? Do you have any ideas on how to get the corrupt culture out of law enforcement?

GladiatorGannon -
BostonCharm - 

#justiceforgannon 

Damn you Gannon! ;)

This whole thing is like something out of a movie, it just doesn't make sense that a police department could be so corrupt in these times of everyone digging into everything. Fucking nuts.  

Im hoping for the best for you Gannon. Keep up the fight. 

1 Like

The sad part is as you read this, you don't even realize your police department is way worse. Phone Post 3.0

. Phone Post 3.0

SinCityHustler - Sean, reading that story (and I've only read part 3, would like to read the other 2 parts if I can locate them) the impression I get is there is a ton of dirty cops and corruption in the prosecutors office, judges, prison, etc. What is it about working alongside people like that is tolerable, let alone appealing? I've always thought you're one of the good guys. Your point of views here points to that. Would you clarify, do you still want to be a cop? Do you have any ideas on how to get the corrupt culture out of law enforcement?

We cover that topic in Part IV.

1 Like

Where are parts 1 and 2 ?

RIP Gannon

This might be part 1

Here is part 2

https://forums.mixedmartialarts.com/t/the-sean-gannon-interview-part-ii/2616439

2 Likes

Thanks