The Shendokan has competition

http://www.bjjcertification.com/certification.html Phone Post

Wow a black belt in 7 years.......

I think this is the "midnight blue belt" organization. Phone Post

Madness ... inevitable but madness nonetheless.

sounds like a sack of shit horse shit

sounds like a sack of horse shit

wbjja instructors can be found here

http://www.wbjja.com/

The Shendokan at least has attendance cards that they use to verify promotions, I bet this third-rate organization doesn't even take roll call.

green_machine - The Shendokan at least has attendance cards that they use to verify promotions, I bet this third-rate organization doesn't even take roll call.

These guys look like dinosaurs. I bet they don't even offer Instagram-based instruction.

Hardly competition.

" For Blue Belt, instructor must graduate 5 gray belts "

WTF is a gray belt?

gray is for children im assuming

"Who say’s that you have to compete, or you have to be a world champion, or be this belt ,or that belt to teach BJJ. You too can teach Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu….......you don’t need to be a World Champion, you don’t have to be a Black Belt in BJJ to get started….you’ve just got to be a GOOD TEACHER!"

That's my favorite part. Who says that you have to know something to teach it? You just have to be a good teacher!

I googled the phone number and this website came up.

http:/www.sarasota-martial-arts.com/
Here is the information about the instructor:

Professor Thadeu Vieira is a native of Rio de Janeiro. He is a second degree black belt and graduated with his degree in Physical Education from the University of Volta Redonda (UNIFOA) in Rio de Janeiro State. In 2002, Master Paulo Wesley Lopes (Student of Grand Master Francisco Mansor ? Grand Master Helio Gracie) awarded Professor Vieira with his black belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu. Professor Vieira specializes in teaching Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu to kids, and he has several students that have been awarded gold medals in the Brazilian National, Florida State, Pan American and World Championships, in all ages.
Thadeu Vieira and Paulo Lopes are the founders of the World BJJ Association. The WBJJA is one of the fastest growing Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu teams in the world. Under the leadership of Professor Vieira, the WBJJA is present in several countries providing cutting edge instruction to thousands of BJJ lovers. The WBJJA is known for having one of the most comprehensive technical syllabus available and for its unique companionship among instructors and students. You can learn more about the WBJJA at www.wbjja.com

This is the third (or fourth?) thread about the WBJJA on this forum in the last 2 years, that I have seen. If you want to skip a lot of reading, THIS is the short version of how they usually tend to go:

--HMMMM... who are these guys?

--Looks shady.

--Wait, WAIT... Brazilian... maybe they're legit.

--No. Not legit. Check out those affiliated schools!

--Wait, are they related to famous guy?

--No, they are not related to famous guy.

--Whoa, they are even less legit than we though when this thread started!

--Hey, guys I trained there for 3 months when I started BJJ, they are a complete joke.

--Man, f@ck those guys!

--Yeah, f@ck those guys!!!

shen -

This is the third (or fourth?) thread about the WBJJA on this forum in the last 2 years, that I have seen. If you want to skip a lot of reading, THIS is the short version of how they usually tend to go:

--Looks shady.

--Hey, guys I trained there for 3 months when I started BJJ, they are a complete joke.

--Man, f@ck those guys!

U forgot about the deviously misleading midnight blue black belt! Much confusion had been expressed over that blue stripe. Phone Post

why are they using Relsons shark?????????????

pretty damn misleading if you ask me

Tboney8669 - 
shen -

--Looks shady.

--Man, f@ck those guys!

U forgot about the deviously misleading midnight blue black belt! Much confusion had been expressed over that blue stripe. Phone Post

That is assumed to be covered under the "--Looks shady" portion of my precis.

shen -
green_machine - The Shendokan at least has attendance cards that they use to verify promotions, I bet this third-rate organization doesn't even take roll call.

These guys look like dinosaurs. I bet they don't even offer Instagram-based instruction.

Hardly competition.

Holy shit - powerful troll is powerful Phone Post

I followed one if these one time Phone Post