The show narcos on netflix

Spinning Shit - I found it just OK. The dude who plays Pablo kills it, so does the Red Viper. However the guy who plays the main DEA agent is fucking terrible. Everytime he isn't in an action or "tense" scene his acting is brutal. He can't play "natural" and his voice over work is pretty bad as well. Phone Post 3.0
Of the main players, I agree that he was the weakest. Phone Post 3.0

MickColins -
Spinning Shit - I found it just OK. The dude who plays Pablo kills it, so does the Red Viper. However the guy who plays the main DEA agent is fucking terrible. Everytime he isn't in an action or "tense" scene his acting is brutal. He can't play "natural" and his voice over work is pretty bad as well. Phone Post 3.0
Actually it's the guy playing Pablo who bothers me, his acting it's great, but I speak spanish and I notice his accent it's horrible! Specially because every other spanish speaking actor have great spanish accent Phone Post 3.0

MickColins -
It's really too bad because the Red Viper's (I can't remember his name) character is fucking awesome. Loves the whores, doesn't mind playing in the dirt in order to get the narcos, willing to bribe officials to get shit done. I just feel that if they would have made him the focus of the series it would have been a much better show.

Instead we have a boring, overly dedicated, blonde haired cop who's biggest failing is that he doesn't spend enough time at home with his equally boring wife. Phone Post 3.0

It says in the beginning of every show its based on true events, but the names etc have been changed. I know enough about Escobar to know kind of the sequence of events, but the background on the characters and how they got into other stories I enjoyed. I also guess I enjoy the realism of how the good guy is only the good guy if you share his same opinion. Seeing both sides have to navigate through the shit, and try and say they're doing for good reasons is interesting. Imagine if you as an American, or your dad or something was going to be extradited to another country you've never visited before Phone Post 3.0

Crazy stuff Phone Post 3.0

Going to finish it today. Great show Phone Post 3.0

Great show. Blonde dude isn't a good actor. His voice over was fine. But on screen. He was weak.

My girlfriend couldn't handle Pablo's character because he wasn't Spanish. She heard one sentence out of his mouth.

It's only ten episodes. Well worth the time to catch up. Phone Post 3.0

Superb Show especially considering all the garbage that's on nowadays.

I enjoyed all the main characters. I was a fan of Boyd Halbrock when he played "CAP" in Hatfields and McCoys. Couldn't have the DEA agents exactly alike or it would seem stale as shit IMO. Pablo is great. Phone Post 3.0

I'm enjoying it. Phone Post 3.0

Got one question; plata o plomo?

Later Phone Post 3.0

I liked it too. Wasn't 100% sure after the first episode, but it builds.

Never_rolled - I have the last 2 left. It's great.

Some others guys made a thread about Elite Squad. The guy that plays Pablo is in it. It's about a SWAT like police force in Rio. The second movie is on Netflix the first is on Youtube http://youtu.be/eodyqcxtL4M

It will blow you away. Phone Post 3.0
Same director for both the show and Elite Squad as well. Phone Post 3.0

Narcos is an amazing series i binge watched it in 2-3 days...i didnt want it to end..i honestly have only 1 gripe about the show and that its version of events is a little off..

spoilers below...

Gacha wasnt killed by dea, in some dramatic moment..Gacha saw his son shot to death so he pulled out a grenade and blew himself up..

Carlos lehder was not captured the way it was showed in the show..

Gustavo was captured and killed by the Cali cartel...

little gripes but its still an awesome show...they could easily do 2-3 more seasons focusing on cali cartel next and then maybe the rise of mexican cartels...maybe have season dedicated to the big time early american drug traffickers that really paved the way for things to come....

Bry Bry - Narcos is an amazing series i binge watched it in 2-3 days...i didnt want it to end..i honestly have only 1 gripe about the show and that its version of events is a little off..

spoilers below...

Gacha wasnt killed by dea, in some dramatic moment..Gacha saw his son shot to death so he pulled out a grenade and blew himself up..

little gripes but its still an awesome show...they could easily do 2-3 more seasons focusing on cali cartel next and then maybe the rise of mexican cartels...maybe have season dedicated to the big time early american drug traffickers that really paved the way for things to come....

Damn, Gacha's death seems like it would have been more cinematic

Bry Bry - Narcos is an amazing series i binge watched it in 2-3 days...i didnt want it to end..i honestly have only 1 gripe about the show and that its version of events is a little off..

spoilers below...

Gustavo was killed in a shootout with police not Cali. Phone Post 3.0

Finished it last night. Thought it was excellent except for the blonde American actor. Not a good actor and pretty damn annoying in every scene. 

Watched the first episode and it was awesome. I rarely watch TV but I'll be watching this. Phone Post 3.0

Fake Pie - 
Bry Bry - Narcos is an amazing series i binge watched it in 2-3 days...i didnt want it to end..i honestly have only 1 gripe about the show and that its version of events is a little off..

spoilers below...

heh the police were paid by the Cali cartel..Cali cartel funded los pepes and they were helped with info from Dea/Cia..

the Cali cartel was much bigger and more organized than medellin cartel..they were going to fly over and bomb the prison Pablo was being held in but one of the planes crashed into the side of a mountain..

i wish the series would have shown a little more about how Cal cartel was aiming at killing Pablo..some interesting stuff there..

Bry Bry -
Fake Pie - 

spoilers below...

heh the police were paid by the Cali cartel..Cali cartel funded los pepes and they were helped with info from Dea/Cia..

the Cali cartel was much bigger and more organized than medellin cartel..they were going to fly over and bomb the prison Pablo was being held in but one of the planes crashed into the side of a mountain..

i wish the series would have shown a little more about how Cal cartel was aiming at killing Pablo..some interesting stuff there..
Right but he was killed in a shootout not kidnapped by Cali. Phone Post 3.0