The Simulation theory.

What are your thoughts? 

Been watching clips from people such as Nick Bostrom and Elon Musk on the subject. Some really interesting ideas.

If it's a simulation then why do I jerk off so often?  Is seems like a waste of computing power.

Hammerstein -
I No Kung Foo - 

If it's a simulation then why do I jerk off so often?  Is seems like a waste of computing power.

Your dick is actually a generator that helps power the system when you jerk it.

Glad to be doing my part then.

Yes. The matrix was a pretty good movie. 

I No Kung Foo -
Hammerstein -
I No Kung Foo - 

Thanks for the 8 huge stars. They’re beautiful!

Canooke -
I No Kung Foo -
Hammerstein -
I No Kung Foo - 

You're welcome.  I'm about to rub one out and make a new star for you that will make Betelgeuse look like EBLM J0555-57Ab!  LOL

I No Kung Foo -
Canooke -
I No Kung Foo -
Hammerstein -
I No Kung Foo - 

You're welcome.  I'm about to rub one out and make a new star for you that will make Betelgeuse look like EBLM J0555-57Ab!  LOL

That’s the nicest thing anybody’s ever said to me! Thanks star maker.

Its a theory for people who smoke too much weed.

Hammerstein - If we are a simulation, what are we a simulation of? Are we a simulation of the Earth from some point in the past by human descendants? Or is it a completely invented simulation that has little, if any, relationship to the 'real' world? Is it a model used to produce data, a game, or just some kind of alien painting hanging on whatever passes for a wall in their reality?

The idea is that advanced civilisations would have the computing power to generate ancestral simulations and we are in all likelihood in such a simulation. 

Boptrotme4u -
Hammerstein - If we are a simulation, what are we a simulation of? Are we a simulation of the Earth from some point in the past by human descendants? Or is it a completely invented simulation that has little, if any, relationship to the 'real' world? Is it a model used to produce data, a game, or just some kind of alien painting hanging on whatever passes for a wall in their reality?

The idea is that advanced civilisations would have the computing power to generate ancestral simulations and we are in all likelihood in such a simulation. 

Who told you it was likely?

Professor Bostrom told me.

There will be a Base reality upon which billions of simulations are created. Therefore the odds that we are existing in the Base reality are billions to one.

Boptrotme4u -

Professor Bostrom told me.

There will be a Base reality upon which billions of simulations are created. Therefore the odds that we are existing in the Base reality are billions to one.

“There will be a Base reality upon which billions of simulations are created”

When?

By whom? Earthlings? Imaginary beings?

Where?

“Therefore the odds that we are existing in the Base reality are billions to one.”

That’s actually a logical fallacy. 

Read both of Max Tegmark's books, especially "Our Mathematical Universe", where he talks about this. His consensus is no, we are not.

The other is "Life 3.0" which is very good and about AI.

The guy is an actual genius, despite being Swedish. :)

Seriously I don't know of any science writer who has impressed me as much as Max.

Been falling down this rabbit hole for a while now. Always interested in the discussion. 

It's been shown it's just not capable to produce this, even with futuristic computers or whatever.  

It’s far, far more likely than any religious version of events regarding our existence. It’s an interesting thought and it supports the fact that everyday miracles such as the very fact we function when we’re so complex seem to be