The Sons of Sam

Anyone watched this?

It’s a case that I’ve followed for years so I was aware of most of the content and ludicrous claims made by Terry and Berkowitz but it’s still interesting and somewhat sad seeing Maury Terry spiral downwards due to his obsession

Fucking Satanic Panic man

4 Likes
1 Like

Yeah I think it’s pretty good

I haven’t really seen any credible evidence that makes me think that more than 1 person was involved. All the actual hard evidence points to Berkowitz and Berkowitz only.

Usually the people that believe more than one shooter was involved point to the differing sketches but sketches have been known to be WILDLY inaccurate. A lot of times people put way too much stock into them. They aren’t pictures.

Now that’s not to say they aren’t ever right or helpful but you can find tons of cases where the actual perpetrator and his sketch look nothing alike.

1 Like

Thank you

I will definitely check that out

Criminology had a pretty good 3 part series on the case as well

This is off topic but Criminology season 1 about The Zodiac Killer-my favorite case-is fucking excellent

2 Likes

It’s great. One has to get past the first episode which is mostly fluff of what we already know and I can see some people bailing after the first. After that is when it kicks in.

1 Like

Yeah that first episode was slow. The thing should’ve been a little shorter

Berkowitz vs Oliver Cooper who plays him on mindhunter

https://i.insider.com/5d48b27536e03c0481255e52?width=1200&format=jpeg

However you embed a picture on this god damn app

1 Like

It was ok. Could have done the whole show in half the episodes.

1 Like

All of them did amazing jobs. SoS, Manson, Wayne Williams and Kemper were the stand outs. Tex and the candy man kid played their roles A+. Can’t get enough of that show. Really hoping they do a 3rd season.

2 Likes

This.

1 Like

What evidence are you going on though? I hope you know Maury Terry is completely full of shit … I read his book the Ultimate Evil and he was trying to tell readers about a huge underground satanic cult that had Charles Manson, Berkowitz and other known killers as members. Total bullshit. Berkowitz was a loner and killed all by himself

1 Like

A 3rd season is not happening anytime soon. Looks like the show has been canceled or put on hold for a very long time … I was gutted when I heard this

2 Likes

Interesting portrayal of the casual craze for the occult and how it lead disillusioned youth to get in over their heads.

Strong circumstantial evidence for more than one shooter due to the logistics of him doing it alone undetected.

Terry’s belief in cross-country cult running it all seemed a big stretch.

1 Like

Mindhunter
Fuck, that was good.

2 Likes

It’s so fucking good

Bummer that season 3 isn’t happening or at least not anytime soon

Yes. I cant picture serial killers hanging with eachother like that. Being implicit runs risks of someone dropping dimes.

2 Likes

I thought it was pretty terrible and required the viewer to ignore huge leaps of faith to entertain the theory.

1 Like

Now this fucking moron Berkowitz claims he found God and calls himself “The Son of Hope”

It is a ridiculous theory I completely agree with that but I think it helps if you view it as more of a documentary about Terry and his obsession and downward spiral rather than about if his theories are correct-which they obviously aren’t

Strange how it all ended when they arrested Berkowitz.

1 Like