The Spurs Suck

"Souljacker, you're not making any sense. How can my contention that the Spurs aren't being disrespected be blamed on a Laker bias?"

LOL, Im not making any sense to you because you are a laker fan

"And how is it that you have such a keen sense of what this "average joe" thinks and I don't?"

Come on bob, its like with any sport, the average Joe doesn't know what a fan like you would, you know it too

"The "average joe" doesn't know that the Spurs won a championship last year?"

No, but even if they do they still look at teams like the lakers, Kings, Minnesota, hell even Dallas to win the championship because of the big names

"I'm not saying the Spurs get as much attention as the Lakers. I don't think anyone is saying that."

then what are you saying Bob? The lakers are getting attention the spurs deserve, now thats not the lakers fault but its still a fact

"The Lakers have always gotten attention because they're in a big media market, and there's always team drama, Shaq vs. Kobe and so forth."

Correct, so what the hell are you contesting? The spurs are not getting the attention or respect for being champs or having a 15 game win steak

"I'm saying that Souljacker's claim that the league and the media are disrespecting and ignoring the Spurs is pretty thin. I don't think Sacramento or any other team other than the Lakers gets significantly more attention or respect than San Antonio."

come on you, you know that is completely false. The Kings, Mavs, Minnesota have names they can sell, the spurs don't except Duncan and he is boring, stop trying to defend against the obvious, you are a laker fan but at least show some ojhjectivity

"If any team is getting ignored, I think it's Minnesota. They had the best record in the west and the MVP, but almost everyone seems to just write them off when it comes to possibly winning a title."

WTF, bs, they have been getting tons of respect and pub, with Garnett and spee and casell

I have not steak in this, if this was coming from Brian or Quick maybe you might have a point but Im just stating what is going on, its not very hard to see either

"I have not steak in this, if this was coming from Brian or Quick maybe you might have a point but Im just stating what is going on, its not very hard to see either"

Well damn, I hate to be all John Kerry on the subject but I guess SJ is correct. ;)

"LOL, Im not making any sense to you because you are a laker fan"

You're not making sense because you're not making sense. The only way a Laker bias could affect my judgement in this case is if the Lakers somehow came out looking worse if I admitted that the Spurs are overlooked, and they don't come out looking worse or better either way.

You seem to be omitting some sort of logical step in your reasoning.

"Come on bob, its like with any sport, the average Joe doesn't know what a fan like you would, you know it too"

I think the "average joe" realizes that the Spurs were the champs last year.

"then what are you saying Bob?"

What I'm saying, and what I already said in my post, was that the Spurs get just as much attention as Sacramento or Dallas.

"come on you, you know that is completely false. The Kings, Mavs, Minnesota have names they can sell, the spurs don't except Duncan and he is boring, stop trying to defend against the obvious, you are a laker fan but at least show some ojhjectivity"

Duncan is just as big a name as Garnett or Webber, maybe bigger, Tony Parker is a rising star, Ginoboli was a sixth man candidate, Bowen was a defensive player of the year candidate, Duncan a two-time MVP, Popovich was coach of the year last year....

You don't give out that much kudos to a team if you have no respect for them. The league clearly has respect for the Spurs.

And I am objective. I'm a Laker fan, not a Laker nutrider, anyone that reads my posts should know that.

And if you think that Spurs don't get as much attention as Sacramento or Minnesota or whoever, then fine, there's no way you can measure which team gets the most attention, it's just a sense you get from watching sports coverage.

"What I'm saying, and what I already said in my post, was that the Spurs get just as much attention as Sacramento or Dallas."

LOL, you can say that all you want but its completely incorrect. You know thats not even close to being true, so stop it now, lol

"Duncan is just as big a name as Garnett or Webber, maybe bigger"

Wrong, Duncan is a better player but no way is he a bigger star. I think now you are just trying to justify your laker bias. Webber and Garnett are much more popular, have more endorsements and are more well knows easily

"Tony Parker is a rising star, Ginoboli was a sixth man candidate, Bowen was a defensive player of the year candidate, Duncan a two-time MVP, Popovich was coach of the year last year...."

again, you know all that stuff because you are a fan, the average person does not know all that, hell they know Rick Fox better than any of them besides Duncan

"You don't give out that much kudos to a team if you have no respect for them. The league clearly has respect for the Spurs."

The leage does not give the respect the Spurs deserve, they don't even push the players on that team, are any of the Spurs besides Duncan in any of the NBA Commercials?

"And I am objective. I'm a Laker fan, not a Laker nutrider, anyone that reads my posts should know that."

All I can give you is that you are not as bad as most laker fans but still have a clear bias, sorry

"And if you think that Spurs don't get as much attention as Sacramento or Minnesota or whoever, then fine, there's no way you can measure which team gets the most attention, it's just a sense you get from watching sports coverage."

Look Im not trying to convince but I think its pretty obvious the amount of attention these other teams get compared to the Spurs, but no worries, lets see if it changes if they win again

Tis all true, the spurs are far from flashy and as defending champs are always left behind. I'm a lakers nuthugger but am absolutely sick of hearing that they are the team to beat. To be the best j00 gotta beat the best and as long as the spurs are champs, they be da best.

It's a real simple premise, the media loves controversy and the lakers have more of it then a michael jackson/martha stewart lovechild.

Lakers by unanimous jury decision in 7

Anythinggoes...but if u watch PARKER more often he's starting to SHINE. A true scorer...

"again, you know all that stuff because you are a fan, the average person does not know all that, hell they know Rick Fox better than any of them besides Duncan"lol, the most hilarious part about that is that it's correct. LMAO @ Greazy Rick!!!!!

Classy personality doesn't sell as much as controversial.

ie Dennis during the Bulls' second 3peat

Or the feud between Shaq and kobe

GO SPURZ!!!

By the way the  LAKERS are boring n i cant stand them...i wonder when the LAKERS lose the series again if half the players will be showcasing the repeated "Drama n Tears" as they did last year.