THE suppliment thread....dont pass

Cool Ali thanks! No, I don't do Creatine. I am on Hydroxycut though which is why I figured my extra 4-5 pounds may not be water. Thanks again. I will check with the boxing Q&A.

Jessica

ttt for Puff.

hmmm...

maxlean- found this to be better than using other
thermogenics like ripped fuel, hydroxycut, and xenadrine. don't get the shakes, lowers cholesterol, lowers blood pressure, and lowers or regulates body fat. that's just the stuff i noticed.

zmax- well it has two minerals i don't get enough of, zinc and magnesium...so far haven't gotten sick so it's doing pretty good

kirkland multivitamin from costco- no explanation

chromium piccolinate- not using for strength training, just for blood sugar levels, but i did notice that I was getting more lean muscle mass even though my diet was cut to drop weight, which it did too.

so far the only supplement I used that enhanced performance or muscularity was the maxlean because it does have stimulants in them which gave me that rush when it came to energy. but don't take more than 2 at a time, I took one dose for the whole day and I had an elevated temperature which felt feverish.

Wait! Before this thread disappears, how do you dissolve creatine before taking it? Will putting it in a blender with a protein smoothie work?

From my experience:

Whey protein: good protein source for post-workout. I take it first thing in am, also, before breakfast.

Chromium picolinate: didn't see any effects.

Creatine: No real effects for me.

ZMA: I've had a couple of friends say it's worthless, but I do feel more rested when I take it at night. More vivid dreams, etc.

BC and FF Aminos: great but pricey.

L-Glutamine: helps with recovery immensely. Less soreness, don't catch colds, etc.

L-Carnitine: The effects aren't noticeable, but I haven't had a cold since I've been taking this.

Glucosamine/Chondroitin: Everytime I get knee-barred or arm-barred hard, and I take this, I heal much faster. When I don't (tried this just to see if GC was a placebo effect), it takes 3 weeks longer to heal.

Vitamin C: works like the doctor said.

Vitamin E: taken with carbs with high GI carbs, I gained water weight fast.

Echinacea: no real effects.

Garlic capsules: I catch colds easier WITHOUT this. Again, I think it helps keep colds away.

All I got to say about the whole supplement thing is this: L-Glutamine.

wow this thread been gone for a long time!!!

I started taking ISS Satur8 about three weeks ago, and Biotest Hot-Rox about a week after that... after about two weeks I had a stretch of about 4 days where I felt really weak, bloated and just gnerally crappy... suspecting one or both supplements might be messing with me, I quit both... a few days later, I felt like normal...

Of course, it could have been a coincidence, and I'll probably start taking the Hot-Rox again at some point (by itself) and see if those symptoms return....

The only thing noticeable I can say about the time I was using Hot-Rox is, it seems to have something of an appetite suppressant effect, and I think I did sweat more profusely when I was doing cardio (but it might have just been hot that week)... whether it really helps with fat-loss or not, I can't really say.

I will go out on a limb and say hot rox doesn't do anything really..but make you feel fuct up... It made me itch at night due to the large amount of Niacin.. and made me hot and sweat at night which I didn't like.. and as far as fat loss I saw really nothing.. and I was dieting training six days a week extremly hard. I guess I am just used to the quick fix of ephedra..our beloved ephedra.. I miss it..

thanx for all the advice but I am so discouraged with the whole supplement thing.. it seems like there are so many different opinions and results it's pointless to even ask about supplements anymore...

Ali...Ali...Ali

Great post Ali.

Taku.
P.S. long time no anything. Hope you are well.