The Suze Orman Indicator!?!

Another crash seems imminent, Orman said.

“This reminds me of 2000 all over again,” she said, because “the economy has been horrible, but the stock market has been going.”---------

I don’t know that Suze Orman is particularly looked at as an expert in the market/investing/the economy. She has made her money for the most part being a financial behavior coach.

Not that that makes her wrong, but there are many people who are looked upon as investing and economy experts and she is not high on that list.

^but is she wrong in her observations?

Kristin Wiig does a great impression of her. Doing ridiculous shit to save money.

The market is trading at an almost record high multiple of corporate earnings, roughly 40x. In other words, the companies are worth 40x what they earn. Think about it this way, would you buy a company if it was going to take 40 years for them to earn your investment back? That’s where the entire market is valued at this point. The average multiple, or P/E ratio is around 20.

Suzy Orman worked for one of the big houses early on and then went on to teach investment 101 largely to women, that was/ is sort of her niche. She teaches VERY basic principles of finance. On of the most basic of all time is buy low sell high. Markets pretty high at the moment.

When I read the thread title, I thought of the wrong Sue.

Suze loved it too. Apparently she lived with John Belushi in college.

Yeah, at least she got someone legit talented doing her. I guess Kristin did it a few times, I’m watching her with Jane Lynch playing Suzi’s formerly gay roommate from college, lol. Good stuff. Never realized Suzi was gay.

Investors have put more money into stocks in the last 5 months than the previous 12 years combined------

The economy is on the cusp of a major boom and economists believe it could last-----

a BIDEN BOOM???

YES! THERE WAS NO FED PUMING IN TRILLIONS TO THE MARKETS, IN 2000 STOCKS (DOT.COM’S) HAD NO EARNINGS, SUPER HIGH PE’S AND PEG’S AND NO TAM!

SO FAR I WOULD SAY SHE IS WRONG!

^I really like your use of ALL CAPS combined with short and to the point post which makes for a easy assimilation of information reading experience… WELL DONE!