The ‘Sweet Science’ - The UG’s Boxing Thread!

Just because one trains in said sport doesn’t mean they know shit bout it. I’ve heard enough dumb breakdowns and bad opinions from guys that use to fight or currently do. Believe it or not a lot of fighters from my personal experience don’t even really like watching… unless it’s a fight that is personal to them. Look at Bradley and Ward for an example… both were champs but listening to both you would only think Ward was the ex boxer lol.

I’ll give Mario a shot again lol. Post a recent podcast with dumb and dumber and I’ll be honest.

2 Likes

Well Barry, you have to consider that maybe your standards are higher than most. For average fans, well, we like Jim Lampley. We like Larry Merchant. We like George Foreman. We like Carl Froch.

You probably wouldn’t like Jonny Nelson (former world champion), because he said this week Usyk is just an average southpaw, no different to a bunch of guys he has seen in the gym. lol

So leave Jonny aside. We like Manny Steward, and Max Kellerman, Lopez and Kim!

The episode, above, is their first in this new video format. Covers AJ v Usyk, and last UFC.

1 Like
3 Likes

I like most you mentioned… outside of the homers like Lopez and Kim lol. I’ll check out the video and give my honest opinion lol

1 Like

lol

Here, just watch for a few minutes.

Watch from 0:40 seconds, for about 5 mins. Concise, analysis of AJ v Usyk.

1 Like
2 Likes

It was decent. I’ll look out for their breakdown of Canelo vs Plant

1 Like

As I understand it, it was to be their first legit boxing card.

Why would anyone sign with them now? They fucked over their first real clients publically.

2 Likes

DY3 I will have to count how many years ago but it was many years ago.

A "training parter " or “stable mate” ( Ok a guy I knew from the gym and would spar with sometimes / took it easy on me) had a pretty well known boxing manager pay for him to go live in the area and train at Wild Card.

This guy said Mario was in the gym often training.

1 Like

I’d rather hear Mario commentating than Snoop Dogg, that’s for sure.

That isn’t saying much though.

2 Likes

Great win from my Armenian bro. Barry_bonds where you at man!

1 Like

Beautiful performance indeed. Need more Armos to root for now that Lemeiux, Abraham, Vanes and Darchinyan are done.

2 Likes

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

1 Like

Wilder posts the video of fury punching himself. lol

2 Likes

This isn’t about fights, sorry, but would any of you know where I could get Kenny Weldon’s Advanced Boxing Techniques videos. I can’t find them anywhere.

1 Like

I have it on my computer.

Paulie Maligniaggi is about to fight in Celebrity Boxing right now.

1 Like

Agreed and it was a nice tribute to Bartley Gorman when John Fury was hitting that punching bag, like Gorman was doing in that Shane Meadows documentary.

I get this is not the answer, but I have them.

Always makes me feel so unprepared or not that good when the little young guys in his gym are working a bag or showing a technique I think holy hell they can move, and how nice it would be to have that type of coaching and program.

Since you asked I am now curious and will look around. I am trying to remember where I bought mine years ago.

If you have it send it to Dory please